RMSh Workable Track Links Late Type. 1:35

Shar2

RMSh Workable Track Links Late Type For T-55/T-62/T-72

1:35 MiniArt

boxart.jpg

With the release of the early track links for the T-54/T-55 earlier this year, MiniArt have now released the later style track links, as used on not only the T-55, but also the T-62 and T-72. Needless to say that you can use them with any manufacturers kits, not just those from MiniArt. In the colourful end opening box are seventeen sprues, each with twelve links and twenty four pins. Each link is removed from the sprue gates and cleaned up. Be aware that the styrene is quite soft, so be careful if using a blade to clean up, might be best just to use a foam emery stick. With the links cleaned up you then join each link together and insert a pin, add a drop of glue, in my case I used Tamiya extra thin, so you have to be careful not to put too much on as it can wick up the pin and you won’t get moveable tracks. With the pin glued, just snap off and fit the pin on the other side, rinse and repeat until you have a full length of track. The length of track I built up as shown in the photograph took about 5 minutes once the links had been cleaned up.

tracks.jpg

Conclusion

This set represents a much better solution to the click together style MiniArt used to use. They are so easy to put together that even the most ardent opponent of individual links should be happy putting them together. They really do work too as my photo shows. I now hope they include these tracks or ones like them in all their new tanks and other tracked vehicle kits. There are enough links to make a set of tracks for the T-55 which require 91 links per track, or the T-62/T-72 which require 97 links per track so you will have some spare if used with a T-55, which you could then use as additional armour or in a diorama setting.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of MiniArt - Distributed in the UK By Creative Models

logo.gif logo.gif

• Thanks 2