hasegawa 1/72 F-111 reissue

ttyng0904

Hasegawa's F-111 1/72nd kits will be reissued soon under Hobby2000 label

- ref. 72038 - G.D. F-111F Aardvark Operation Desert Storm - Limited Edition

http://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/hobby-2000-72038-f-111f-operation-desert-storm-limited-edition-1-72-22636/

- ref. 72044 - G.D. F-111D/F Aardvark - Limited Edition

http://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/hobby-2000-72044-f-111d-f-aardvark-limited-edition-1-72-22637/

V.P.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Homebee said:

Hasegawa's F-111 1/72nd kits will be reissued soon under Hobby2000 label

http://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/hobby-2000-72038-f-111f-operation-desert-storm-limited-edition-1-72-22636/

http://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/hobby-2000-72044-f-111d-f-aardvark-limited-edition-1-72-22637/

V.P.

Happy camper I am!

Jay

• 3 months later...

More 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/H2K72038

H2K72038.jpg

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/H2K72044

H2K72044.jpg

big-markings-72038-jpg-674b1a6c220da9df7

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Homebee said:

Great news!

Let's just hope they also reissue the Alpha, Echo, Foxtrot Bravo, and especially the most of the time forgotten Delta.

• Like 1

You have to wonder why hasegawa don't have kits like the F-111, skyraider and the Beaufighter(before the airfix was released) on a more widespread release, they have already tooled them, probably broke even on the toolings with some profit and modellers have been screaming out for re-issues for years, hard to believe that re-issues would not have been profitable when hasegawa have some 40-50 year old kits on permanent release like the 72nd sea harrier and uh-1d , puzzles the mind .

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

I was really looking forward to the release of this kit, but then I saw the price. At over forty quid, sadly it’s not for me.

Oh well. It was nice to dream.......

Yes they are not cheap but the Hasegawa boxings are £50 and at least with the Hobby 2000 boxings you get decent quality decals and masks. I would just like to buy the decals!

25 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Yes they are not cheap but the Hasegawa boxings are £50 and at least with the Hobby 2000 boxings you get decent quality decals and masks. I would just like to buy the decals!

Have to agree. I've never been a fan of Hasegawa decals, so I would have bought an aftermarket set for £8 to £10? Then the canopy mask: £4-5? Add that to the Hannants 10% pre order discount, and the Hobby 2000 re-box doesn't seem that bad. Admittedly, I could get the Hobby Boss 1/48 kit for that money, but they don't do an F model (no big deal) and 48th TFW decals in 1/48 scale appear to be hen's teeth now. Next dilemma. Do I now want the Academy F-15E D-Day livery kit to sit next to the 111F? 

• Like 1

I already have some 48th FW decals and my experience of Cartograf has been less than happy. I don’t trust vinyl masks either, so the extra cost is wasted on me. 

If it had been a similar price to the F-4C/D I’d have been all over it (I bought three of those and paid around £25 each) but £40 is way too much IMO. I’ll be leaving the one-eleven on the shelves,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

I already have some 48th FW decals and my experience of Cartograf has been less than happy. I don’t trust vinyl masks either, so the extra cost is wasted on me. 

If it had been a similar price to the F-4C/D I’d have been all over it (I bought three of those and paid around £25 each) but £40 is way too much IMO. I’ll be leaving the one-eleven on the shelves,

I don't disagree. It's still not cheap. I've only grabbed one because the last one I built was when the kit first came out. Gawd knows how long ago that was now but I seem to remember feeling youthful at the time. It's the first Hasegawa plastic I've bought in a long, long time as I usually have an allergic reaction to their prices. I only made an exception here because it's an F-111F.

39 minutes ago, Jabba said:

The first F-111s came out in the early 1990s.

Thanks! I was in my early 20s then. Hence the reason I felt a lot younger than I do now. I spent a lot of time by the fence at Lakenheath in the late 80s and early 90s, and as soon as the Hasegawa kit came out, I bagged it. Still remember that. Seem to recall I got it from Hannants shop in Lowestoft and also buying the Fujimi F-4J as I spent a lot of time at Wattisham too.

I know price is a personal thing, but £38 for a 1/72 Hasegawa F-111 does not sound like an outrageour price to me. It is afterall a large and complicated kit, with a lot of parts. Judging from the price of their current kits, if Airfix did a new one it would easily be in the £35-38 bracket anyway.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

I know price is a personal thing, but £38 for a 1/72 Hasegawa F-111 does not sound like an outrageour price to me. It is afterall a large and complicated kit, with a lot of parts. Judging from the price of their current kits, if Airfix did a new one it would easily be in the £35-38 bracket anyway.

Also if Hasegawa tooled a new one your probably looking at £70.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giorgio N said:

I think it would be more in line with their Buccaneer, which is around the £30 mark, personally.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

I think it would be more in line with their Buccaneer, which is around the £30 mark, personally.

I have both Buccaneers and F-111s in 1/72 and the 111 is larger by a good margin, I doubt that Airfix would make it into a Series 6 kit like the Buccaneer (if they will ever do a new tool of this aircraft).

For comparison. when Airfix did their old F-111 it was as a Series 4 kit, both the original NA.39 and the later S.2 kits were both in a Series 3 box. It was only when Hornby reissued the Buccaneer with a few additional parts that it started being sold as a Series 4 kit.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

£35-£38 may be about right for a (hypothetical)new Airfix kit.

However, the subject of this discussion is not a new kit.

It is a 25 year old (admittedly very nice) kit. I just do not think addition if a new decal sheet and, vinyl masks (which I would bin anyway) justify the high cost.

That's a purely personal view of course. Others may agree or disagree as they think fit.

Tbolt's comment about the hypothetical £70 price tag for a brand new Hasegawa kit is valid. I wouldn't pay that!, but then, neither would I pay £35 - £38 for a (hypothetical) new Airfix kit of this subject.

Not a complaint, just financial reality.

The reissued Heinkel and , F-4 at about £24 are more to my wallet's liking!!😉😂

John.

Unfortunately the age of the tooling seems to have little to do with it, just look at price of other 90's Hasegawa re-boxings.

• Like 1

I don't understand the logic, often used by modellers, that older kits should cost less than the newer ones, afterall the production and distribution costs of a kit coming from an old tool are not different than the ones required for a kit coming from a new tool. The only difference is that the first x thousand kits will not generate profit for the manufacturer as they will cover the tool production costs (roughly speaking). All the following will generate the profit the company need to survive and make the owners happy.

I can't see why a company should forfeit their profit only because the moulds used to make a kit are 20 year old. What matters is that the product is placed at a price that makes it competitive with similar products of similar quality, if this does not happen then the product will likely do poorly. When it comes to this particular kit, it is still the best 1/72 F-111 on the market by a wide margin, even with its few drawbacks (like the simplified cockpit)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

I don't understand the logic, often used by modellers, that older kits should cost less than the newer ones, afterall the production and distribution costs of a kit coming from an old tool are not different than the ones required for a kit coming from a new tool. The only difference is that the first x thousand kits will not generate profit for the manufacturer as they will cover the tool production costs (roughly speaking). All the following will generate the profit the company need to survive and make the owners happy.

I can't see why a company should forfeit their profit only because the moulds used to make a kit are 20 year old. What matters is that the product is placed at a price that makes it competitive with similar products of similar quality, if this does not happen then the product will likely do poorly. When it comes to this particular kit, it is still the best 1/72 F-111 on the market by a wide margin, even with its few drawbacks (like the simplified cockpit)

I guess that depends on the age. I don't know if Hasegawa are still selling it but their old 1/72nd F-14A was being sold along side their newer one and there was a big price difference.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:03 PM, gavingav said:

You have to wonder why hasegawa don't have kits like the F-111, skyraider and the Beaufighter(before the airfix was released) on a more widespread release

Since Hasegawa are almost entirely focused on the Japanese market, they must feel that these won't sell well in Japan.

Cheers,

Andre

11 minutes ago, Hook said:

Since Hasegawa are almost entirely focused on the Japanese market, they must feel that these won't sell well in Japan.

You may be right, but I would think their US market would be huge. Does it not make sense to cater to each of two large business markets? I'm no business major and am open to education about this.