hasegawa 1/72 F-111 reissue

ttyng0904

Remember seeing them at Upper Heyford. Hard to believe those visits were around thirty years ago. 

The Project Warrior nose artwork is still available on an old Dick Ward Modeldecal sheet***. Favourite was Cherry Bomb, 052, which participated in El Dorado Canyon.

Tony 

***edit: currently available at Hannants for £2

Edited by tony.t
add info

On 12/16/2018 at 8:36 AM, Albeback52 said:

Agreed. These were really excellent kits but, I will simply do without them at that sort of price level.

Allan

Sadly, it's likely to remain the case that eBay is CHEAPER than the importer's prices - given the prices being asked for some of the newer stuff (e.g. F-15s and F-16s with special markings) I'd suspect the 'Varks will be in the £50+ range - most of the eBay F-111s seem to be in the £25-£30 range (with the exception of the F-111A which always seems a lot more expensive).

As for aftermarket, unlikely I'd say. There wasn't any back in the day apart from Scaledown, and they promised (but never delivered) a lot of stuff in 1/72...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s great to see this being released. I have several in the stash and an F on the shelf. Still one wonders why they haven’t scaled it up to 1/48. It’ll probably sell really well since they’ll easily put all the substandard kits in that scale to shame. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joeltc said:

It’s great to see this being released. I have several in the stash and an F on the shelf. Still one wonders why they haven’t scaled it up to 1/48. It’ll probably sell really well since they’ll easily put all the substandard kits in that scale to shame. 

Absolutely.

Do Hasegawa do 1/48 scale "new tool" kits of jets any more? 

I like their new 1/32 Zero's but a 1/48 F-111 series would be nirvana.

Tony 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

For the Hasegawa EF-111 Re-release, if you'd like another decal option other than the prototype, Wolfpak has the "Mirage Killer" from Desert Storm:

72-118 Here:

Also available directly from Fantasy Printshop Here:

Cheers,

Hoops

3 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Wolfpak decals should start to make stencils on top of those decals

Luigi

Good luck with that. Sadly Wolfpak seems to force you into paying £15 for a decal sheet with one subject that is interesting and 5 other planes that you have no intention of ever building. It's a shame that they don't concentrate on same-subject sheets at more affordable prices. Their research is top notch though, gotta give them that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phantome said:

Good luck with that. Sadly Wolfpak seems to force you into paying £15 for a decal sheet with one subject that is interesting and 5 other planes that you have no intention of ever building. It's a shame that they don't concentrate on same-subject sheets at more affordable prices. Their research is top notch though, gotta give them that.

Yeap I noticed that but I'm just after stencils since I have no plans to use real world markings for my builds :D

Luigi

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Does anyone make a replacement canopy or have an extra? I have a junkyard one I might restore.

Alas I'm pretty sure there are no aftermarket canopies for the F-111... 

Jay

32 minutes ago, Mike Esposito said:

What about an FB-111A SAC?? 

There are a few aftermarket decal sets out there, Wolfpak comes to mind. Grab the RAAF F-111G kit and an aftermarket sheet and Bob's your uncle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

There are a few aftermarket decal sets out there, Wolfpak comes to mind. Grab the RAAF F-111G kit and an aftermarket sheet and Bob's your uncle.

Caracal is supposed to be releasing their 1/48 scale FB-111A sheet in 1/72 eventually as well.

Cheers,

Hoops

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Hoops said:

Caracal is supposed to be releasing their 1/48 scale FB-111A sheet in 1/72 eventually as well.

Cheers,

Hoops

That is great, I went through the Wolfpak listings and there are 3 or 4 sheets with an FB-111A or F-111G option included.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New exhaust sets by Res-Kit for the Hase F-111:

Standard TF30 exhaust:

https://reskit.com.ua/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=475

RSU72-0028-800x800.jpg

TF30-P-100 of the F-111F

https://reskit.com.ua/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=476

RSU72-0029-800x800.jpg

Looks very nice indeed but what about that price tag... £26.40 at the big H.

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...