Kallamity Briegel sniper mecha

Hey chaps and chapettes. First Post on the site so be gentle! 

Been really getting back into modelling the past year, used to post regularly on other sites and gradually getting my mojo back! 

So, I started this beautiful kit a few months ago and have been chipping away at it between other projects. For those not familiar, the kit was designed by Luca Zampriolo , a master scratch builder/mecha designer and owner of Kallamity. 

I've decided to modify a few elements. I've scratch built and sculpted a new head for the kit (the black and white bit) from milliput and gubbins from the spares. 

Started painting the general scheme. Lots of weathering to come. 

Also added flare dispensers, I used a set of cobra company resin 1/48 hind that never got used! 

IMG_20181208_120350

IMG_20181208_120406

IMG_20181208_120410

Detail of the torso and engine. Scratches/chips made with prismacolor pencils

IMG_20181211_102648

Underside

IMG_20181211_102621

Also started the base. Its huge! I'm going for a mossy forest kind of look, still a lot of work to be done here

2018-12-14_04-21-20

More to follow in next few days. Thanks for looking comments / criticisms welcome

Zak

• Like 8

On 12/14/2018 at 3:44 PM, Hunter Rose said:

Ooo I love the Briegel, will enjoy this one! Already really like the mods to the head design, and that mossy base is great. From the photo it gives me a Studio Ghibli feel, like its a bit of ground lifted from Laputa!

Thanks a lot! Will have some more progress pics in the next few days