Bücker-131 D

Fabulous model and the photo with the figure is completely convincing. Hugely impressive work!

That the Bü 131 was the German Luftwaffe's main ab initio trainer is well known. It may be less common knowledge that the Jungmann was designed by a Swedish engineer, Anders Johan Andersson, who had worked for Carl Bücker in his Swedish company Svenska Aero in the 1920:s and early 'thirties. (Although German by birth, Bücker moved to Sweden and became a Swedish citizen in 1922).

Ten years later, Bücker moved back to Germany. Anders J Andersson followed to Bücker Flugzeugbau GmbH where he became the chief designer of the immensely successful trainers Bü 131 Jungmann, Bü 133 Jungmeister and the Bü 81 Bestmann. In 1929, Andersson moved back to Sweden and joined SAAB, where he designed the likewise very successful trainer Sk 50 Safir, many examples of which are still flying.

Super modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Hello Andy,

You made a real jewel out of this model. 

Also my compliments on the photographic side.

Regards, Orion

That is lovely. Tempted to do this kit but its not my scale. I do have an MPM from a long time ago in 1/48th but it needs a lot of interior detail. But is one I may well do in the new year as a long term project.

By the way does anyone know what the 1/72 decals are included in the 4+ Mark One booklet? 

Lovely work, Andy.  I got this kit earlier this year as well and have still to start it, but your excellent finish is certainly motivation to do that soon.  Very nicely rendered indeed... well done.

Regards,

Paul

• Like 1

Thank you all.  By the way  ICM`s  Bücker 131 B is out too and the suitable figurines  "Flying cadets  (3 figures) in 1/32  too.   This will be one of the next projects you can be sure. 

Have a nice 3. Advent sunday

Andy