Tiny Paintbrushes

Uncle Pete

I may or may not have stumbled upon something useful.  Whenever I'm in the pound shop I have a look around to see if anything catches my eye that might prove handy in some way shape or form with no actual agenda of what I'm looking for or why I'm looking for it.  In that way I've picked up things for the kitchen, the toolbox, the bicycle, the cats (and far too many chocolate chip cookies)... one never knows... even cheap electric motors (£1 for a hand held fan, rip the motor out and throw the fan away).  I happened to be toddling through the aisle with the ladies' warpaint and some paintbrushes jumped out at me.  I've been trying to find something really dinky for tight spots and small details but even the couple of allegedly 10/0 I have seem more like 9" wallpapering brushes in my hands.  Well, this "nail art" brush set was £1 for seven or eight brushes and three of them are about the size of a flea's eyelash.  I just test drove one touching up a bit of mask bleed on a P38 and even in my ten thumbs it was magic.  Pinpoint accuracy and carried the paint beautifully.  At a quid for three they're hardly even worth cleaning after use.  Might be worth picking a few up.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Uncle Pete said:

Whenever I'm in the pound shop

Looks useful .thanks for the heads up

@Uncle Pete  In our area we still have a number of so called "pound shops" which chain was this? One of them now is an out-of-town location so needs a special trip.

Regards

Edited by Paul821

4 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

which chain was this?

Oooh, mate, now you're asking! There are a couple on King St in Hammersmith and a couple more around Shepherds Bush, my usual haunts when I'm hitting Marks and Spencers, the bank, whatever.  Might have been Poundland but I wouldn't sign my name to it.  Trouble with these shops is they get things that somebody has dumped from overstock or bankruptcy, sell them till they run out then you never see them again.  Just a matter of having a butchers when you're picking up juice for the vape and such and getting lucky  I'd guess nail art stuff would be fairly common, though...That aisle was Just somewhere I'd not consciously thought to look.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across this post and its a great idea!  I will keep an eye open for these as I have had the same problem finding small pinpoint brushes at anything close to a reasonable cost.  Thanks a bunch.

• Like 1

My daughter works in the cosmetic boutique at one of the local drugstores, whish is part of a national chain. I'll ask her about this type of thing. She can get an employee discount . I've taken advantage of that a few times. They have some interesting and useful items in the cosmetic section.

Chris

4 hours ago, dogsbody said:

They have some interesting and useful items in the cosmetic section.

That's were a large percentage of our 'made for modellers' accessories are actually sourced anyway. Cut out the name brand middle men and save, save,save!

• Like 2