1/72 - McDonnell F3H Demon by Sword - released - new boxing

Homebee

On 12/19/2018 at 8:03 AM, Pat C said:

Hell Yes!! Just when I was debating whether to go another 10 rounds with my half finished/ started Rareplanes vac. 

It's pretty accurate (I provided Gordon with lines drawings for it). See http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2010/11/f3h-demon.html for a picture (scroll down) of my build. However, the canopy is getting darker by the year.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tommy, I've had that book marked for yonks but on another 'puter so good to be reminded. The Modellingmadness build review  of the Emhar kit is a reminder as to how good it is, maybe I don't need a Sword one at all, but then, what's need got to do with it. ;)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

It's pretty accurate (I provided Gordon with lines drawings for it). See http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2010/11/f3h-demon.html for a picture (scroll down) of my build. However, the canopy is getting darker by the year.

In fact I chose the Rareplanes kit over the Emhar one Tommy despite having no vac experience - I got as far as putting the main airframe together, lost the tailpipe, and then lost the will to continue! The canopy is a nice orange tint but I did get a replacement vac (probably designed for the Emhar) which looks like it would fit. The white metal parts are very nice and might be worth using on the Sword kit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:52 AM, Linus said:

Hi guys,

also I have the Rareplane and two Emhar, but half a shadow of doubt I buy both the Sword boxes, and the photoengraving sets Airwaves we hope also go well for the Sword.

Yep- me, too! Plus the Pavla upgrade set and Falcon canopy

MIke

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sofiane1718 said:

190202095604206138.jpg

If there are no mistakes in the exhaust & photoetched details, it is only because of this that it is worthwhile to say goodbye to Emhar and buy a Sword.

But I still prefer to wait ...... suddenly the chinese rescale their Demon in 48 scale to 72th , although the probability of this is small, I think.

B.R.

Serge

• 4 weeks later...

Possible disadvantages of this model as I see:

1. No air intake jet engine.

2. Too poor Sparrow stabilizer.

3. Primitive nose wheel bay interior.

It's unpleasant .... but there are no perfect models!

At least it concerns the jet fighters on the 72nd scale.

B.R.

Serge

• 4 weeks later...

What about the intakes? Emhar got it wrong with horisontal reinforcement on the inside. The real thing had Internal reinforcement angled to the outside...

/André

3 hours ago, Andre B said:

What about the intakes? Emhar got it wrong with horisontal reinforcement on the inside. The real thing had Internal reinforcement angled to the outside...

It seems to me the reinforcement parts will be PE.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 9:50 PM, Tailspin Turtle said:

I just added a correction to Step 13 of the assembly corrections to this blog post.

I've updated the post again with a Step 7 warning not to try to use one of the resin parts provided and also a link to a description of the configuration of the nose landing gear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...