1/72 - McDonnell F3H Demon by Sword - released - new boxing

Homebee

In 2019 Sword is to release McDonnell F3H Demon kits.

- ref. SW 72122 - MCDonnel F-3H-2/F-3B Demon

Source: http://swordmodels.cz/en/home/141-sw-72122-f-3h-2f-3b-demon.html

1.jpg

- ref. SW72123 - McDonnel F3H-2N/M F-3C/MF-3B Demon

Source: http://swordmodels.cz/en/home/142-sw72123-f3h-2nm-f-3cmf-3b-demon.html

2.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Looks like my Emhar one might become surplus. :)

Steve.

Why? It is a perfectly good kit which goes together well and looks good. Make the Emhar one, save yourself a few quid and reduce the stash by 1 thereby earning a Brownie point.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iainpeden said:

Make the Emhar one

That would be three in my case... Don't ask! 🙄

And I'm probably going to buy the Sword one(s) too! 🙄

(Well, even if no-one asks: I got one of each version and bumped into the third one at a convention - it came with an extra aftermarket decal sheet for a total of 3 euro - whoever could refuse that?)

Edited by ivand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iainpeden said:

Why? It is a perfectly good kit which goes together well and looks good. Make the Emhar one, save yourself a few quid and reduce the stash by 1 thereby earning a Brownie point.

Entirely too logical Iain but certainly fair comment. It'll be a matter of assessing reviews, checking out the new kits details & then like Ivan, probably buying one anyway, I see one boxing has Jolly Rogers markings, as does my Emhar one, so more info as to other markings needed. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainpeden said:

Well, I have to say that I disagree. I built the Emhar kit several years ago, and had to put in a lot of work to get a decent result. That included filling in the very heavy surface detailing and rescribing, and moulding a new canopy. Hopefully the Sword kit will be a better starting point.

Regards, Ragnar

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Looks like my Emhar one might become surplus. :)

Steve.

I double this bet!

I, too have Emhar... + Pavla detail set...

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

Yes

And while they are at it,

given they are now releasing a kit to replace the Ehmar F3H,

given they have release both the FJ-2 and FJ-3,

let them mix Ehmar and FJs to release an FJ-4 ,

Eric B. 

• Like 2

I have two Emhar kits. One built and one built. I like the Demon and will get this one too!

So what about a Scimitar then? Almost the same aircraft from the same era...

/André

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 1:12 PM, Andre B said:

I have two Emhar kits. One built and one built. I like the Demon and will get this one too!

So what about a Scimitar then? Almost the same aircraft from the same era...

/André

IIRC sword tooled the xtrakit scimitar based on an inaccurate set of plans by Caruana. (Which he later corrected for the Warpaint )  the main problem been the angle of the wingtips and the whole wing sweep. 

On 12/13/2018 at 12:52 PM, ivand said:

Yes, this aircraft stems from an era when a number of ineffective but very handsome jet fighters were devised. 😉

If only this bird had better engines, it would've been interesting to see how it would have fared.  The engines delivered never did meet the design specs.  The Demon was hamstrung before it even left the deck.

7 hours ago, helios16v said:

If only this bird had better engines, it would've been interesting to see how it would have fared.  The engines delivered never did meet the design specs.  The Demon was hamstrung before it even left the deck.

Eventually it did get better engines as the Phantom ☺ if you look at a built up model I've always thought you can "see" the Phantom lurking in the basic shape of the Demon (something about its wing shape and proprtions )

• Like 1

On 13/12/2018 at 20:23, iainpeden said:

And clearing a space for the Sword kit.  :lol:   That's what I'm gonna do! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2018 at 3:33 PM, stevehnz said:

It'll be a matter of assessing reviews, checking out the new kits details & then like Ivan, probably buying one anyway

Ha ha! That's me exactly!

I see Hobbylink Japan is advertising a February release date.

• Like 1