Messerschmitt Bf109G-10 slightly modified (Improved??)

Allow me to present one of my latest builds this is Eduard's 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109G-10 [MTT Regensburg]. Not happy with Eduards rendition of the asymetric cowling which I modified see build in WIP Forum.

My build is a representation of the Bf109G-10 in which Heinrich Bartels met his death on 23rd December 1944 Yellow '13' Wrk.No. 130359 (an MTT Regensburg built machine) of 5./JG27. The remains of both pilot and machine were not discovered until January 1968! No photos exist of this machine so I based the finish on the other   aircraft of JG27 at this time:-

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

I leave it to the viewer to decide if you think I have improved on an already excellent product I myself am not 100% satisfied with the end result but I think the finished model represents the G-10 a little more accurately than the basic kit.

Take a look at my 'conversion' of this kit to the G-14A/S version.

Cheers

Andy

• Like 15