Tamiya Sdkfz163 1/35.

stevej60

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Looking good Steve, very good.

42 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Apologies Steve, this has slipped the net, good ol tamiya, it looks grand, I see you've also got some German loafers to accompany the stug, great stuff

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve. Glad you are feeling a bit better now and progress is looking good. The paintwork is looking very effective. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Good to hear your better Steve, nice job on the White washing are you going to keep it white or wear it a bit?

Thank's guy's,got a lot of weathering to do to get the effect I want especially on the  side armour plate I might cut a piece out and certainly need's

a few "ding's"  to make it look worn,sadly my Mother in law passed away today so priorities have changed for the moment.

Steve. So sorry to hear the news about your mother-in-law. Please pass Mrs PlaStix's and my condolences on to your wife and family at this very sad time.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Many thank's guy's she had terminal cancer so we were prepared for what was to come she had a great Christmas and we were all up for tea on

Saturday which was a weekly tradition with nine Grand  children and a Great Grandson   you can imagine the chaos some day's! when thing's get

back to normal I'm determined to do the Academy Dauntless she got me for Christmas justice.

• Like 4

Hi folk's,had a quiet hour at the bench tonight so started the weathering process still a bit to do but the basic's are there.

I dry brushed dark yellow to start with then put a dark wash into the detailing for the first stage.

20190111_200335

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Panther II said:

I'm watching this with interest. I'm building the exact same model.

Great to hear that Panther,hope you are finding it fun certainly a lot of kit for the money.

5 hours ago, spaddad said:

Hi Steve,

Models looking tasty,

sorry to hear about  the MIL, how's Mrs. Steve now?

Many thank's Dave,she's fine being the eldest she's got all the cert,s etc to get but everything's arranged now,my lot are pretty good with five day's

leave given as the house is to clear but there are plenty of family to help.

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

This build is looking great! I must up my game and look to building a base one of these days

Sorry for your loss. Hope the modelling helps to take your mind of things.

Cheers

Nigel

9 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Steve,

This build is looking great! I must up my game and look to building a base one of these days

Sorry for your loss. Hope the modelling helps to take your mind of things.

Cheers

Nigel

Thank's Nigel,It's a good escape route now and then!

1 minute ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve. Hope all is well with you and yours. Excellent progress with the weathering. Looking very nice. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix all well,got the side armour "bent" and added,gave it a base coat decal's on and then a final thin coat so that the decal's cam just be seen

hope to have a photo up tomorrow having a chilled day in the house after the running around we've done this last few day's!

• Like 1

Morning folk's,finished and in the gallery,I may eventually get round to adding some figure's and a base at some point but at the moment I'm

calling her done.Thank's for popping in on the build..

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Morning folk's,finished and in the gallery,I may eventually get round to adding some figure's and a base at some point but at the moment I'm

calling her done.Thank's for popping in on the build..

Just seen her. Cracking job, Steve !! :clap::clap:

• Like 1

Hi Steve. Just been checking out your photos in the Gallery. Absolutely superb result. The whitewash and weathering work a treat. Makes me want to do another tank in winter camo! Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve. Just been checking out your photos in the Gallery. Absolutely superb result. The whitewash and weathering work a treat. Makes me want to do another tank in winter camo! Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thank's Stix,been a pleasure getting an armour subject under the belt to kick off 2019,good luck with the rest of the GB and roll on the next one!

• Like 1