Tamiya Sdkfz163 1/35.

stevej60

Hi folk's,just a placemarker for an entry in this GB,I popped into the LMS today for a few bit's and picked up Revell's 1/72 kit which I thought would be a 

chilled easy build  but a bit pricey for me at £14;99 especially given the scale so looking through the Tamiya selection I noticed this kit in my prefered

scale for a nicer £11;99 so went for it instead it's an oldie but with Tamiya that never put's me off.Over a 1,000 were build as new and damage repaired 

iv chassis,Boxart for now.

1v

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7

I currently have one of these in the post as my second build. Thought I got a good deal, but yours is even better. Hope to get some hints and tips from your build as we go, and I'll hopefully manage a different scheme from whatever you choose too (I have something in mind but no idea what's in the box so don't know if it's possible yet).

Andy

Duplicate

Duplicate

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foxbat said:

I currently have one of these in the post as my second build. Thought I got a good deal, but yours is even better. Hope to get some hints and tips from your build as we go, and I'll hopefully manage a different scheme from whatever you choose too (I have something in mind but no idea what's in the box so don't know if it's possible yet).

Andy

Duplicate

Duplicate

North east model centre Andy,permanent 20% off Tamiya I keep forgeting the armour section! Superbly molded kit as you will soon see but a 

very ununspiring all dark yellow scheme in the instruction's however tamiya give you a shed load of number's so a trawl on the net for other scheme's

and a good few choices  should be possible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

North east model centre Andy,permanent 20% off Tamiya I keep forgeting the armour section! Superbly molded kit as you will soon see but a 

very ununspiring all dark yellow scheme in the instruction's however tamiya give you a shed load of number's so a trawl on the net for other scheme's

Doh!! Never thought of going there. I'm just down the road too, so it's pretty much my LMS. Ordered mine from Jadlam while I was at work - under £14 and free postage, so not bad,

Good to know about the numbers. I fancy a sun bleached Italian veteran to compliment my Normandy gun tank - something like this: Italian StuG

Andy

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

A truly great model shop.  I often find a 'reason' that I 'need' to go to the North East and as it's just 5 minutes off the A1M - it would be shameful no to pop in.  I always leave with something and the discount on kits is a real bonus.

• Like 2

Why not go for something more exotic, a StuG IV of Stug.Abt. 122, that was deployed for a short period with its parent infantry division 122 Greif as a reserve for Finnish army troops defending the northern shores of the Gulf of Vyborg, summer 1944. The Stugs saw no action there but were publicized in pics taken at demonstrational maneuvers.

http://sa-kuva.fi/neo?tem=webneo_image_preview_max&lang=FIN&doc_id=7aa7d2236621431f704ebe993ca3ca12&archive=&zoom=YES

• Like 3

Hi Steve,

I was going for the same kit, with full PE and PE zimmerit, but was gifted a Nashorn, so that won the day. However, IF I get the Nashorn done in plenty of time, I may do the StuG as well.

Good luck with yours, and I will be watching closely to see what I'm missing!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

Afternoon folk's another weekend with little model time but got a couple of hour's in just now,assembled the lower hull and wheel's and added a couple of pieces

to the upper hull,I'm going to do one session per week to pace this one out and I'm hatching a cunning plan for a little dio got my eye on a set of mini art figure's

which my LMS  should be able to order.

winter

20181216_171943

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Great to see you are underway Steve and I like the sound of your plan! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix,I've poured over photo's of Stug's, going for a Russian front machine winter 42 would give me scope for a whitewashed Gray machine

but no photo's turning up with the add on armour which I really want to include  more research needed I have a plan to have a fire in a fuel drum and

and the base I have would enable me to fit a light.

• Like 1

Hope you manage to find a suitable image - hopefully one of the modellers taking part in this GB will be able to help. And I like the idea for the light and the fire. I'm sure you can get flickering LED kits - if that’s something you fancy trying.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Folk's,keeping to schedule  this weekend's session has concentrated on fitting the upper hull part's and the framing for the  armour plate.only a couple of 

day's off but can't see me getting any model time till next week but hope to get the lower hull painted  and track's fitted.

20181223_114542

• Like 6

Afternoon folk's,had a little session today first since before Christmas.Fitted the mounting bracket's to the side armour and dropped on for a

photo so apart from a few part's (mainly tool's) all done ready for paint,I've poured over  what seem's like hundred's of photo's now and these Mkiv

based Stug's all started out in dark yellow with various unit's adding their own camoflage so I'll pop down my LMS tomorrow as I have no suitable

paint,I think a bit of "denting" to that side armour is on the card's.

20181230_163411

• Like 5

Looking very nice Steve, crew applied camouflage gives endless possibilities. I'm on the lookout for Tamiya's, new paints for German 3 colour camouflage.

• Like 1

Hi folk's,first session for three week's today still not 100% fit but the worst is over hopefully.after a spray of dark yellow as primer I've gone a

couple of coat's of white and left to dry so just started the long process of weathering as you can see from the wheel's I need to paint the wheel's

rubber area's and track's next.

20190107_170914

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7