This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Redcoat2966

Pz.Sfl.IVb 10,5cm le.FH. 18/1 Sd.Kfz.165/1 Ausf. A

:wow:That is going to be one awsome jack!! I agree - it is a bit :yikes:

Good luck!!! Looking forward to seeing it assembled!

Kind regards,

Stix

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Good lord, 👀the jack has got more parts than stix's whole kit 😜

For goodness sakes - don't tell him that!!  We want to him to build it!! 

But yeah...........probably twice as many! 

Kind regards,

Stix

17 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

AFTERNOON ALL......I hope we are all well and ready for the holiday's........

Just thought I'd show you this.....me think's these PE companies really are taking it a little too far.......:think:.......let me see....we will replace a well moulded Dragon jack with 5 parts for a PE version with.....wait for it.....26:yikes:

TGVwCqF.jpg

And yet, did'nt think giving you the struts that hold the running boards on which would have been better in scale than the moulded ones Dragon supply.......you know I really think they should start to get some feedback on their PE set's.........and put in what will make a difference. I'll see how this goes together....but I think the Dragon jack might do just as well with some PE clamps holding it down.......

Later chaps

Simon.

And that is in a very big part why I shy away from PE but then again with the skill that you have I am very sure that you will pull it together without any problems. 

Regards:

Shaun 

As the other comrades have said, the jack is all a work of craftsmanship, but it would drive more than one crazy (I the first,, lol). I wonder if once mounted, you will appreciate the hard work done ...:popcorn:

Cheers Simon :santa:

On 12/20/2018 at 1:51 PM, fatfingers said:

Aye up Simon,

That etch jack is just insane! :blink:

Regards 

Steve 

Hi Steve, yes mate.......making me too......not something Id choose to do again. They haven't really given it much thought in how it goes together. And the way they have chosen too, does rely on absolute accuracy on their part in how the parts fit.....:hypnotised:

Cheers

Simon.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:12 PM, PlaStix said:

:wow:That is going to be one awsome jack!! I agree - it is a bit :yikes:

Good luck!!! Looking forward to seeing it assembled!

Kind regards,

Stix

On 12/21/2018 at 6:07 AM, the South African said:

And that is in a very big part why I shy away from PE but then again with the skill that you have I am very sure that you will pull it together without any problems. 

Regards:

Shaun 

16 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

As the other comrades have said, the jack is all a work of craftsmanship, but it would drive more than one crazy (I the first,, lol). I wonder if once mounted, you will appreciate the hard work done ...:popcorn:

Cheers Simon :santa:

Morning gents....sorry for the delay in replying......not the best time of year for me......I think the older I get the more tedious and tired I am of it......anyway, enough of old Humbug"...

Hi Stix.....me too ( possibly a nice PE set I thought)....but I think nearly 4 hours and not happy with it..(and still not finished)..I ended up, storming off with my ball and not wanting to play anymore...:swear:

......and Shaun. I love doing the PE, because it is a challenge and it does IMO anyway, enhance sharpness of detail in places and items that you don't know is there until it's added; but I think this jack was way, way over the top. It looks more in scale......but......in stacking the parts, you can never really loose the stacked look, even when painted.......so PART & Co not climbing high in the PE supplier ratings at present for me anyway.....I mean, they IMO provide PE parts you can't really see, yet don't provide the running board supports....which are in full view......:whistle:

In compared to the Dragon jack with the kit, I would say yes Francis......but it needed to be designed better for it to be completely be worth it. If I ever have another, I have now developed a much better way of stacking PE parts to make a whole.....I might pop this one apart again and try once more.....if it doesn't work out - I still have the slightly smaller Dragon jack.........:coolio:

Rating for PART photo etched set's for me is about a 5/10.....they need to do more research in practical application etc.....and really what parts would enhance, and not just drive the modeller to drink.......

Cheers chap's....chat later....

Hi Simon. Sorry it's not been a good experience. It is a shame because, if it had been well designed, it could have looked really excellent. I do sometimes wonder if the makers of PE sets (and in fact some kits) ever try assembling the various parts.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Simon. Just wondering if there has been any progress with your project?

Kind regards,

Stix

Ive got better ways of wasting my time than with assembling photo-etched jacks!