Hello from Berkshire,UK

fot0

Hello, a quick intro 

I cannot recall building a kit for decades, but have been looking for ideas during winter months. So have been watching various modellers on youtube and here for inspiration and I am inspired! 

I noticed a post here on Dunsfold with a visit to see the Vickers VC-10 open day and taxi earlier in the year; which I also attended. This company has a special connection to my father, who worked at Weybridge as a aerodynamics engineer. So my first kit will be an Airfix Vickers VC-10 RAF tanker. The idea is for a Christmas gift to my nephew (whom appeared in local papers with the connection back to my father).

I am interested in post-war and cold war era as well as 1960 onwards Le Mans racing cars. This could extend to maritime, but let's not too carried away.  I have pencilled a visit to Telford next year, but that could be a bad mistake on my wallet.

I expect I will be fairly passive member, but perhaps I will be brave to post some updates.

Look forward to seeing your posts.

Tony

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fot0 said:

Hello, a quick intro 

I cannot recall building a kit for decades, but have been looking for ideas during winter months. So have been watching various modellers on youtube and here for inspiration and I am inspired! 

I noticed a post here on Dunsfold with a visit to see the Vickers VC-10 open day and taxi earlier in the year; which I also attended. This company has a special connection to my father, who worked at Weybridge as a aerodynamics engineer. So my first kit will be an Airfix Vickers VC-10 RAF tanker. The idea is for a Christmas gift to my nephew (whom appeared in local papers with the connection back to my father).

I am interested in post-war and cold war era as well as 1960 onwards Le Mans racing cars. This could extend to maritime, but let's not too carried away.  I have pencilled a visit to Telford next year, but that could be a bad mistake on my wallet.

I expect I will be fairly passive member, but perhaps I will be brave to post some updates.

Look forward to seeing your posts.

Tony

Welcome! You will find this a great place to get ideas. 

Look forward to seeing what you do!

All the best,

Ray

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is also the Earley Risers model club in the Reading district.  They are an IPMS branch too.

Cheers,

Zhizhou