Guys you wont believe the things she did

the South African

The "foundry" is  busy furiously "casting"

Track links. Lol 

Time consuming job but in some strange way relaxing brain dead work. 

Above having been said I am however open to suggestions to get it done faster. 

Regards:

Shaun 

IMG-20190111-122939.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, the South African said:

The "foundry" is  busy furiously "casting"

Track links. Lol 

Time consuming job but in some strange way relaxing brain dead work. 

Above having been said I am however open to suggestions to get it done faster. 

Regards:

Shaun 

IMG-20190111-122939.jpg

I would offer suggestions as to how to speed things up, but I have no idea what is going on!:frantic:

Madness,, or genius? Or both?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 2

Well first off thanks for theextended kindness guys. I have been doing a bit of work for today and this is where I'm at for now. 

IMG-20190112-162842.jpg

And this is the actual reason for me trying this out:

IMG-20181121-192725.jpg

I will now start on the opposite side's links and then do the whole skeletonisation thing. 

As always all comments and critique is welcomed. 

Edited by the South African
  • Like 2

Thanks stix. I must get my uniform etc ready for work in the morning so doubt if I will be able to do a lot roday. I will however say this:I am easily distracted yesterday evening I got to thinking that I would like to try my hand at making a bit of stowage items and thought to give it a try. Well the first item that I then got started on was a large banged up:

IMG-20190112-213708.jpg

The handles is intentionally skewed there is still a bit of work to be done but I think the idea is there. 

Regards:

Shaun 

Edited by the South African
  • Like 2

As an officially mad person with medications to hand I really think you should seek help :D

The work so far is stunning and I can understand now why you're doing it. I can't offer any speed tips as you're already at Warp 5 compared to me.... 

• Like 1

Lol Thanks I think I am now busy with the other tracks but have started from scratch because somehow I managed to stuff up the measurements on the previous templates..... :headbang:

Regards:

Shaun 

I'm sorry, but I think I've lost myself, the tracks that are making your own, are with 3D printing, or some kind of vacuum mold? ...:hmmm:
As you say, they seem a little "raw", but in any case, it is quite an achievement so far achieved.👍

Cheers mate

Hi Francis. Let me clear it up. No vac forming and no 3d printing good old file and plastic card at work here. I am planning to get a 3d printer a bit later in the year and I vac form only aircraft canopies wheels etc. 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Thanks 1

Hi all. Not being the type of a person to settle for something less than what I like I have decided to start the tracks from scratch. The current state that they are in does not please my eye and thus I am now back at the drawing board inspite of this decision endagering my projects timeline. I will be back as soon as there is some tangible progress. 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Like 2