Guys you wont believe the things she did

the South African

Hi all I am still cracking on with the other build even though I have gone silent for a while cause real life happened. 

Starting from tomorrow the builds should pick up momentum because I will be officially on leave. 

Anyhooo the idea here is to build a little dio with a tiger 1 and the panzer iv in 35.The crews standing around taking a rest and onr big mouth member taking it on himself to discuss "that girl in France" everyone hanging on his every word. 

Will post pics as soon as we start the build. 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, the South African said:

Thanks stix. TBH I have been working on the tiger for a while now and can honestly say that it is waaaaaay different to a/c modelling. 

Regards:

Shaun 

Yes it really is isn't it? I have to say I enjoy building both aircraft and armour subjects.

Kind regards, 

Stix

I have grown a bit wary of doing aircraft in no way loving them less but I do have a armor itch the stash having grown by 2 tigers, a halftrack, a small german hotchkiss observation vehicle the panzer 4 a t34 and a hetzer in the past month or so all german subjects naturally. 

I also have a early sherman a centurion a Samil 50 waterbunker in need of some tlc. Lol guess I got smacked and not bit. The real reason however is that I have found that the a/c's sometimes takes up a bit too much space. 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, the South African said:

I have grown a bit wary of doing aircraft in no way loving them less but I do have a armor itch the stash having grown by 2 tigers, a halftrack, a small german hotchkiss observation vehicle the panzer 4 a t34 and a hetzer in the past month or so all german subjects naturally. 

I also have a early sherman a centurion a Samil 50 waterbunker in need of some tlc. Lol guess I got smacked and not bit. The real reason however is that I have found that the a/c's sometimes takes up a bit too much space. 

Regards:

Shaun 

I was an aircraft builder first - well after Apollo lunar landers, a fire engine and a few Sci-Fi bits and bobs! - but once I started making AFV kits I found I was hooked and have far many more tanks than aircraft in the stash. I find AFVs more relaxing to build and there's always mud to cover any issues!

Kind regards, 

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

:hmmm:I've dealt with AFV modellers, aircraft modellers, wargamers and model railroaders. In my opinion, their order or nitpicking goes

1) AFV modellers

2) aircraft modellers

3) railbuffs *

4) wargamers *

Note * = relaxed attitude towards some model details, but try shifting a coal mine with a passenger locomotive or deploying Panthers in Tunisia, and you see a change in their character :rofl2:

At least Finnish armour modellers are a bunch of people with severe digestive problems, and it shows...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@vppelt68 in your order of nit picking you obviously have not visited some of the model rail forum's based in the UK. Brittmodeller is a haven of sanity and politness compared to some of the minor issues that seem to irritate folks elsewhere.

• Haha 3

Good morning gentlemen and such. I have been building at the little panzer 4 since this morning at around 00:45 on account of us experiencing a huuuuuge nay epic heatwave and having a mosquito plague of biblical proportions I could not sleep. 

Up to now I have assembled most of the hull a part of the suspension and also part of the turret. My aim is that by tonight I must have the tank itself assembled and ready for paint. Up to where I am at the moment I have used tamiya extra thin quick drying cement and must say that I am up to now at least sold on the stuff. 

Pics to follow. 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Like 2

O. K then so it would appear that I have lost a couple of pictures dont ask how cause I dont know. I do however have one that I just snapped and will see what I can do to get the rest back. In the meantime however:

IMG-20181215-052215.jpg

Regards:

Shaun 

Edited by the South African
  • Like 5

There we go suspension bits cleaned up and stuck together now going to stowage and yet to do the rear panel and front glacis. 

Could someone please tell me if I could build the academy kit as a G series? 

Reason for asking is that I have noticed that the roadwheels has the cast hub covers and the return rollers is rubber covered items. I am not sure wheter there was ever any J/h version with these items vision blocks was also mostly deleted on the H/J but is present on the academy kits sans the driver and radio operator vision blocks..... 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Like 1

Good to see you are underway Shaun. Looking good! :thumbsup:

I'm afraid I can’t help with you question as I haven't built an Academy Pz.IV. Normally I'd suggest Scalemates as a starting point for reviews/ideas but last time I checked they were down following a hardware failure.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix I have a lot of vooks but tbh I am too lazy to look myself thing is I am really tired bloody heat and mosquitoes is driving me nuts!!! 

Well back to the build I have managed to lose a very small part so will now have to scratch it oooooh the joys. But on a more positive note I am about 15 minutes away from paint and all the figures is at least stuck together guess that is something right. 

Regards:

Shaun. 

• Like 1

Fair enough. Shame you managed to lose a part though - always annoying. I dropped a fairly small part early but luckily I was able to find it. I found it under the electric heater I have close behind me for when it's very cold.....like it is today. You've got too much heat and today is the first day for a long while that I have had to have the heater on! Wet and cold here today.

Good you are just about at the painting stage already!

Kind regards,

Stix

Ja the heat is unbearable mate I would trade you if I could ud I absolutely hate summer but on a side note the part was found and I have six to go bar the rear all in all I think avout 15 then on to paint. 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, the South African said:

Ja the heat is unbearable mate I would trade you if I could ud I absolutely hate summer but on a side note the part was found and I have six to go bar the rear all in all I think avout 15 then on to paint. 

Regards:

Shaun 

Yeah I'm not a fan of heat - I'd rather have our weather. Glad you found the part.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

O. K guys so I guess it is on to painting now. All of the main assemblies is done and I even toyed around with a possible layout yesterday morning but this will no doubt change during the course of the build. 

As always all comments and critique is welcomed. 

Regards:

Shaun 

IMG-20181216-085656.jpg

IMG-20181215-075035.jpg

• Like 3

I just did something veeeeeerrrry wrong. I paged through the kagero book and saw that they have some very nice detail drawings covering the schurzen...... 

Regards:

Shaun 

That is a shame mate I am lucky in the way that my stand by period finishes up come Tuesday. So a full month of modelling in the near future as we cant go on holiday cause SWMBO's leave was cancelled. 

Regards:

Shaun 

IMG-20181218-231428.jpg

So with the planned layout containing a tiger I got to thinking that I would have to seriously ramp up the panzer iv as to not be overshadowed by the rather impressive bulk of it's co habitant. 

I applied the zimmermit coating in a way that I am hoping will convey that it was applied haphazardly by someone not particularly in the mood to do so and also that half of it has fallen off. The schurzen mounts is still a work in progress taking a bit of fore thought as to not interfere with the painting. 

As always all comments and critique is valued. 

Regards:

Shaun. 

• Like 5