Frog Sea Hawk as F1 WF184 898 Squadron RNAS Brawdy 1954

This is the old Frog kit.  It is pretty accurate but has no wheel wells or cockpit.  That doesn't bother me as I build them in flight and don't bother detailing cockpits anyway.  I added cannon ejector chutes and a catapult hook and drilled out the exhausts.

The decals are an very old Modeldecal sheet and had a few adhesion problems so there's silvering here and there.   The undercarriage doors and the auxiliary intakes on the spine are homemade decals.

f1-10-Copy.jpg

f1-3-Copy.jpg

f1-6-Copy.jpg

f1-8-Copy.jpg

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.  Thanks for looking.

David

• Like 26

hi ,

simply, how did you post your Pics.......  COZ it aint workin'for me !

Geoff

F.T.G.3156

Very nice indeed.  Amazing what you've achieved with this ancient kit.  Having the undercarriage up lends itself well to the Seahawk with those lovely clean lines. I've always liked 898 Squadron's flying fish motif.

11 hours ago, CJP said:

This is a real nostalgia trip for me David so thanks - I made several of these Frog Sea Hawks with 806 markings in my early days

CJP

Glad you liked it, CJP.

10 hours ago, spaddad said:

tasty

Thanks

4 hours ago, bryanm said:

Beautiful clean build of a beautiful clean jet and that wonderful classic Frog stand!

Yes, the Sea Hawk is just a classic beauty.

4 hours ago, TonyW said:

A very tidy build.

It's nice to see the classic FROG stand being used. They really add something to the finished model.

As to the Frog stands: I have VERY few of these but they are wonderful for displaying in flight poses.  I love their late period blue SkyBase stands too but wish they had been in clear plastic.  I am not keen on their mid-life pointy stands.