Messerschmitt Me 262 B-1a/U1 1/72 SMER

Afraid had technical problems posting and not added type correctly...

Just finished this 262, this is a great little kit, I think old Heller.  Virtually no flash and pretty good mouldings, lovely plastic to work with and pretty good fit all round.

I added seat belts Tamiya tape and drilled out engine inlets.

The decals went on very well and no noticeable shine....  For me that's a success story.   Coated model with floor cleaner - Cif ...  Also washed canopy with this.

I'm not entirely happy with the mottling and fussed with it too much in my opinion....   All brush painted obviously...

Enjoyed this build and hope you like it...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Nice job on this, I've got one in stock so its good to have a good report on the kit. I'll be happy if my effort comes up like this come the day. :)

Steve.

Hi Steve

If I did it again I would replace the aerial whiskers as they are a little thick and out of proportion..    Still might actually.. 

It's not as detailed compared to the latest Airfix version but an enjoyable build. 

Cheers. 😁 

• Like 1

yes, the old Heller kit. Captures the 'look' of the original well, nicely done!   FWIW a friend of mine, Andreas Zapf, has just published a 600-page tome on the Me 262 B-1a/U1 and night ops against LNSF Mossies, they weren't deployed against four-engine bombers at night -despite the recent Airfix box top artwork. Much more on a recent blog post, link not a million miles away!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that the mottling looks amazing and didn't even realise that it was brush painted…

Very effective treatment ot the ex-Heller kit! Replacing the aerials with something with a bit more finesse will work wonders for the overall impression.

Good work, showing how an attractive replica can be fashioned from a simple but basically  accurate kit.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

yes, the old Heller kit. Captures the 'look' of the original well, nicely done!   FWIW a friend of mine, Andreas Zapf, has just published a 600-page tome on the Me 262 B-1a/U1 and night ops against LNSF Mossies, they weren't deployed against four-engine bombers at night -despite the recent Airfix box top artwork. Much more on a recent blog post, link not a million miles away!

Great blogs will read the one via your friend with interest.....    Good source of ref as well ...   Much appreciated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

I think that the mottling looks amazing and didn't even realise that it was brush painted…

Very effective treatment ot the ex-Heller kit! Replacing the aerials with something with a bit more finesse will work wonders for the overall impression.

Good work, showing how an attractive replica can be fashioned from a simple but basically  accurate kit.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Many thanks for the kind words and positive feedback.

A very nice 262 - the paintwork is excellent - even more so that you achieved that with a paintbrush - far from easy but your 'fussing' was well worth the effort. I would echo what others have said about the antenna - simply because the rest of the model is so good, This would really set it off and bring it to the next level. 

• Thanks 1