Airfix to Launch Anything over the Festive Period???

rob

There doesn't seem to be any mention of new launches over the festive period, does anyone know if

Airfix are planning anything??

Rob

8 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Apart from the bad joke*, I don't think so!

*check today's advent calendar.

Carrots: explanation for RAF pilots' increasing success against German night raiders, to disguise the use of airborne radar.  

Clearly a reference to a forthcoming 1:72 DH Mosquito NF. XXX.

Whadaya mean, you don't think so?

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Airfix had the 1:48 Sea Vixen up for pre-order the other day but now it seems to of vanished?

Possible glitch accidentally releasing it to the website??

Got to admit i`m finding the advent calendar a tad boring too this time

Edited by Armadillos
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mike romeo said:

Carrots: explanation for RAF pilots' increasing success against German night raiders, to disguise the use of airborne radar.  

Clearly a reference to a forthcoming 1:72 DH Mosquito NF. XXX.

Whadaya mean, you don't think so?

Many a true word spoken in jest?   Earlier postings of CAD drawings of 2 stage Mosquitos ex Eastern Europe (forget who - KP, AZ, Sword or whoever) have completely vanished without any follow upWhy?  Have they 'struck a deal' with Airfix?

More likely to issue the Fighter variant first (having a lower profile) then to be followed by Bomber.  Pure Airfix.  Oh yes, I managed to grab 2 of the last 'Attack Squadron' 2 stage conversions, now resting in the appropriate Tamiya Mosquito boxes.  That reinforces your claim, but should add that I put 2 stage Mosquito on the Airfix 'Suggestions Slip' at Telford so maybe that balances it out!

I was told at Telford that Airfix would announce 2019 releases on Friday, but he couldn't recall exact date, in Jan.  I can't recall the exact words but on my reckoning it would be the 4th.

So far the calendar hasn't shown anything already announced as a 'new release' which is surprising.  Hannants lists 8, so counting back if all were to be on the calendar with no new releases announced they would have to begin on 17 Dec.  Any earlier would be by the number of new releases to be revealed there.  One nugget I learnt at Telford was that there would be more than 2018 - hardly a 'giveaway' as this year only the Hunter was announced in January!  Again pure Airfix.

Referring to the first line of your post - is there any evidence that the Germans ever were deceived by the use of carrots?  My mother certainly was and to her dying day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Denford said:

Many a true word spoken in jest?   Earlier postings of CAD drawings of 2 stage Mosquitos ex Eastern Europe (forget who - KP, AZ, Sword or whoever) have completely vanished without any follow upWhy?  Have they 'struck a deal' with Airfix?

More likely to issue the Fighter variant first (having a lower profile) then to be followed by Bomber.  Pure Airfix.  Oh yes, I managed to grab 2 of the last 'Attack Squadron' 2 stage conversions, now resting in the appropriate Tamiya Mosquito boxes.  That reinforces your claim, but should add that I put 2 stage Mosquito on the Airfix 'Suggestions Slip' at Telford so maybe that balances it out!

I was told at Telford that Airfix would announce 2019 releases on Friday, but he couldn't recall exact date, in Jan.  I can't recall the exact words but on my reckoning it would be the 4th.

So far the calendar hasn't shown anything already announced as a 'new release' which is surprising.  Hannants lists 8, so counting back if all were to be on the calendar with no new releases announced they would have to begin on 17 Dec.  Any earlier would be by the number of new releases to be revealed there.  One nugget I learnt at Telford was that there would be more than 2018 - hardly a 'giveaway' as this year only the Hunter was announced in January!  Again pure Airfix.

Referring to the first line of your post - is there any evidence that the Germans ever were deceived by the use of carrots?  My mother certainly was and to her dying day.

Was it Bob Braham or John Cunningham whose success was attributed to eating carrots?  I read that Cunningham hated the sobriquet 'Cat's Eyes'.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:34 PM, Armadillos said:

Airfix had the 1:48 Sea Vixen up for pre-order the other day but now it seems to of vanished?

Possible glitch accidentally releasing it to the website??

Got to admit i`m finding the advent calendar a tad boring too this time

Ooh that would be welcome!

On 12/13/2018 at 12:18 PM, Denford said:

Apparently Luftwaffe nightfighter crews were issued with a kg of carrots but were a little bit annoyed after the war when they found out they didn’t improve your night vision!😂

On Christmas day, between lunch and the Queen everyone will have to go onto Airfix's webpage for a live broadcast where they announce the New Tool Vulcan in 1/72.

Because that's what I asked Santa for and I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't happen.

• Like 2

It will be the wrong subject in the wrong scale with the wrong markings with the wrong instructions ……………………………………………………….and it wasn't (insert  idea here that will bankrupt the company)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Just hoping that the last window of the calendar will be a huge TA-DAH!!!!!! announcement.

Trevor

Yeah, that'd be nice.  Not sure it will, though.

• Sad 1