1 hour ago, dnl42 said:

Indeed. I refuse to use them anymore.

Give the Molotow Liquid Chrome pen a try. Fantastic stuff, truly a chrome finish.Very easy to apply.

Yes, thanks for the heads up. I'm off to Blighty next week, so I'll have a look in the art shops.

John.

3 hours ago, bigfoot said:

Great finish on the Tilly, really looks the part. Looking forward to seeing this done and dusted with the base and driver.

Thanks Bigfoot. I'm trying to get it finished before my trip back to Blighty next week, but that might be pushing it a bit.

John.

12 hours ago, Hewy said:

Cracking little model John, and I bet it is small too, lovely details

'Morning Glynn. Yes, it is a little on the small side. Probably the smallest 1/35th scale model that I've ever built. Great fun though.

John.

1 hour ago, ScanmanDan said:

A wonderful model expertly built and superb paintwork.  I have a 1/48th scale Tilly and your build makes tackling it a breeze.  Thank you for taking the time to share your beautiful model.

Dan

You're very welcome Dan, and thanks for the kind words.

John.

• 6 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, Bullbasket said:

……. and with a combination of 5amp and 15amp wire, I added a rudimentary loom to the rear of the bay. I also added a positive and negative lead to the batteries. …

69609f36-12f4-479c-8b29-d5485b6a1615.JPG

to echo other's accolades: fantastic attention to detail.

Q: with a vehicle of so light proportions & power output, why the need for double batteries?

I just got this kit and am thinking of only installing a single.

thanks

3 minutes ago, s.e.charles said:

to echo other's accolades: fantastic attention to detail.

Q: with a vehicle of so light proportions & power output, why the need for double batteries?

I just got this kit and am thinking of only installing a single.

thanks

Thanks for the comments. As for the batteries, I'm not really sure. The only thing that comes to mind (those with more knowledge can put me right if I'm wrong) is that they are possibly two 6 volt batteries, connected in series.

John.

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

that they are possibly two 6 volt batteries, connected in series.

Agree John two six volts connected in series your picture shows the link wire between + terminal on one and - terminal on the other

Roger

• Thanks 1

this is pretty thorough in its breakdown of the truck:  http://www.austintilly.nl/NL/downloads/austinmanual.pdf

thanks go to Tortise on Armourama website:  https://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=279542&page=1#2352359

Edited by s.e.charles
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...