Revell 1/72 Spitfire Mk V

Hi all, Last one of the year for me as the other half has evicted me for the space for prezzies and other Christmas stuff, so had to be a fairly quick build. Fit wasn't great and paint job could have been better so I thought I'd try putting it on a little base to see if that would help. Painted all in tamiya and no added extras, apart from the base. 

• Like 24

That's a neat little build for a 'quickie' - looks good to me. I didn't know that Revell did a MkV - is it the Matchbox or Italeri kit, surely not their original rivet-box from the 1960s? ( actually I think that was a MkI or II)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

I didn't know that Revell did a MkV - is it the Matchbox or Italeri kit, 

They brought out a Vb in the 90s (96?) which wasn't well received due to its lack of "gull wing" and a few other inaccuracies.

They released another earlier this year that is better but still has a few glitches.

John.

OK, to be fair, the Tangmere Museum Spitfire has it on both sides. And I haven't found a photo of the right side. But wasn't it not the normal thing to have such inscriptions and markings only on the left side?

2 hours ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

That's a neat little build for a 'quickie' - looks good to me. I didn't know that Revell did a MkV - is it the Matchbox or Italeri kit, surely not their original rivet-box from the 1960s? ( actually I think that was a MkI or II)

Hi Horatio, its this one.....

Nice job Dave

6 hours ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

1996 tooling by Revell I believe

Edited by WhitleyZ6743

1 hour ago, WhitleyZ6743 said:

Nice job Dave

1996 tooling by Revell I believe

Something like that, and totally new -- but still the problem with gull-effect. We were rather disappointed at that time.