2cm Flakpanzer IV 'Wirbelwind' (Dragon 1:35)

wimbledon99

On 2/2/2019 at 4:06 PM, Ozzy said:

Looking really good Nigel, good use of the natural light. I’m hoping the sun comes out tomorrow so I can do the same. 

8 hours ago, Hewy said:

Looking good in that sunshine

7 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Very nice work Nigel.

The mud looks very good and you have done a good job getting the tracks to look right.

Hi All and thank you  :happy:

I've been doing a little work on my F-86 today but I'm planning on tackling the weathering and possibly having this in the gallery by the end of the week 🤞

• Like 2

On 2/3/2019 at 6:58 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Wow! It is looking great and the photos in the sunlight show it off really well. Hope the weathering goes well! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix  :happy:

I managed to escape early from work today and decided to tackle the weathering. My artistic skills are very limited so I've kept it simple with a couple of dirty washes and some more mud (thick and splash). She's about the best I can achieve so I'm calling her done and she's heading for the gallery.

Whilst on, I'd like to thank you, Stix and vppelt68 for such a great GB. The standard of modelling on this GB is outstanding and I've learned a lot from all the threads. This model has challenged me more than recent builds but it's been a pleasure to put together. The support and help has been wonderful so thank you too, to all to those who came along for the ride.

Cheers

Nigel

33111368748_0f3a1e2860_k.jpg

40022061153_c4dade4ef1_k.jpg

40022061163_b71195ddb1_k.jpg

46934889312_de1d2f6ce9_k.jpg

40022060963_69757c64e2_k.jpg

33111368928_052f0fdc2e_k.jpg

33111367798_5ac5dadb00_k.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Very nice Nigel, she looks fantastic and suitably weathered.

Thank you Ozzy :happy:

I'm not so sure about the 'splash' mud but the camera is (as always) more critical than the naked eye so on the shelf it doesn't look too bad.

• Like 2

Hi Nigel. That has turned out to be an excellent looking Flakpanzer!! I do like your painting and weathering - it worked out rather splendidly! I've got one of these in the stash and I have been kind of put off making it because it not all just 'outside' bits! But yours has made me think I will have to have a go at making it sooner rather than later. Very well done! :clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 2:23 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. That has turned out to be an excellent looking Flakpanzer!! I do like your painting and weathering - it worked out rather splendidly! I've got one of these in the stash and I have been kind of put off making it because it not all just 'outside' bits! But yours has made me think I will have to have a go at making it sooner rather than later. Very well done! :clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix - I'm glad you like her  :happy:  The quality of builds is amazing in this GB and there's so much knowledge floating about. It's been a real pleasure taking part so thanks also for the opportunity :smile:

Not sure when my next 'lots-of-wheels' build will be :wonder: I've committed to a number of GB's this year and they are all so different! However, I would have no hesitation buying another Dragon kit; they are superb. I have their FW109A-8 for the D-Day GB later in the year but I don't know how their 'planks' fair against their AFVs.

My stash is very small as I tend to buy as I build but I have a Meng kit here that needs an excuse so anything 'French' or 'Iraq War' would do. Also have a toon Panther and need an excuse for that one too; or should I just do that for fun? :think:

Cheers

Nigel

P.S. Looking forward to your build, I have a feeling it will be rather special :wink:

• Like 2

Hi Nigel. I will watch out for your next AFV project. Which Meng kit do you have? They are usually very good kits. With regards the Toon kit - I have made their Sherman and it was good fun to make.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Very nice finish Nigel, lovely looking model. I quite often find the tri tonal German camo is hard to pull off well and comes out looking either too garish or dark and subdued on a lot of models I see but I think you’ve done it very well on this. Top job!! 

• Like 1

Hi Nigel,

You've done a fantastic job on the big Weeble Wirbelwind. As has been mentioned, your 3 colour camo is excellent with lovely complimentary tones, and an effective pattern. I really like the extreme mud down below as well - nice and fresh, slushy, sticky stuff, but perhaps the mud splashes on the turret and inside are a bit questionable. Maybe a mine/grenade/bomb etc went off close by? Whatever, they don't detract from what is a tidy and successful build. Defintely one to be proud of.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Hi Nigel,

You've done a fantastic job on the big Weeble Wirbelwind. As has been mentioned, your 3 colour camo is excellent with lovely complimentary tones, and an effective pattern. I really like the extreme mud down below as well - nice and fresh, slushy, sticky stuff, but perhaps the mud splashes on the turret and inside are a bit questionable. Maybe a mine/grenade/bomb etc went off close by? Whatever, they don't detract from what is a tidy and successful build. Defintely one to be proud of.

Rearguards

Badder

Thanks Badder, you are very kind :happy:  I'll take your comments on board for the next muddy build. I had convinced myself that some splashes would find their way up but I'm now going with your bomb theory :wink:

5 hours ago, bigfoot said:

Very nice finish Nigel, lovely looking model. I quite often find the tri tonal German camo is hard to pull off well and comes out looking either too garish or dark and subdued on a lot of models I see but I think you’ve done it very well on this. Top job!! 

Thank you Bigfoot - It was my first attempt at this camo scheme so I'm quite chuffed with the response :blush:

7 hours ago, Hewy said:

Top job nigel, very nice indeed

Thank you Glynn, Glad you like her :happy:

18 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. I will watch out for your next AFV project. Which Meng kit do you have? They are usually very good kits. With regards the Toon kit - I have made their Sherman and it was good fun to make.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, I recently purchased an AMX-30B2 from the 'For Sale' listings. Seemed a good deal and as I haven't build a Meng kit before,I thought I'd put it on the shelf for a suitable GB :smile:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

A very interesting result, although it is not my favorite vehicle (the casemate breaks totally the forms of the PzIV), I like it a lot as you have been.:goodjob:

Cheers mate 👍

Thank you Francis. Glad you like it (especially as you are not keen on the vehicle) :happy:

• Haha 1