2cm Flakpanzer IV 'Wirbelwind' (Dragon 1:35)

wimbledon99

Hi Nigel. Really looking forward to seeing this in progress. As I mentioned to Mark - the instructions in Dragon kits can be a bit complicated at times and sometimes confusing. Any problems just ask on here and we'll try to help. I have one of these in the stash so I will be following with interest. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Really looking forward to seeing this in progress. As I mentioned to Mark - the instructions in Dragon kits can be a bit complicated at times and sometimes confusing. Any problems just ask on here and we'll try to help. I have one of these in the stash so I will be following with interest. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix. You’re not wrong! I’ve been studying them the last couple of nights but I think I have my head around it now 🤓 Famous last words!! 

• Like 2

Don’t panic too much (yet!). A lot of those parts (probably) won't be used and will end up in the spares box!

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Don’t panic too much (yet!). A lot of those part (probably) won't be used and will end up in the spares box!

Kind regards,

Stix

I hear you, Stix; but all those wheels!! :crying:

Right, let's get this thing started!! :ninja:

45455801264_e88ec8ac4e_k.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Cut, Scrape, Sand; Cut, Scrape, Sand; 72 times in all (including the drive wheels)!!!!  :facepalm:

You sound like an armour modeller already! :thumbsup: 

Excellent progress too.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Repeat after me - Cut, Scrape, Sand; Cut, Scrape, Sand; 72 times in all (including the drive wheels)!!!!  :facepalm:  I'm off for a rest! 🍷

46326527561_ddb637262f_k.jpg

Ooops! I should have told you what I do in such instances!

Cut all, glue inner and outer wheels together so that their gate marks line up, scrape and sand the inners and outers at the same time! It will halve the time needed, AND if any, or both gate marks on the inner or outer wheels are cleaned up a bit messily, you can rotate the wheel to face the mark down or up and rest easy that the adjacent mark is also hidden!

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 7

Crikey those snips look top drawer makes my Swiss army knife and 240 grit wrapped round a lolly stick look a bit sad, 😜

On another note I see your getting most of  the pain out of the way early, or is  there a set of dragon ds tracks in the box, nice kit nigel

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hewy said:

Crikey those snips look top drawer makes my Swiss army knife and 240 grit wrapped round a lolly stick look a bit sad, 😜

On another note I see your getting most of  the pain out of the way early, or is  there a set of dragon ds tracks in the box, nice kit nigel

Hi Glynn, I was pointed to them by someone I work with and have to admit to only paying a tenner on eBay. However, even at full price, they are the Mutz Nutz and worth every penny!!!! Re. the pain, yes, lots of individual track components to look forward to!

7 hours ago, Badder said:

Ooops! I should have told you what I do in such instances!

Cut all, glue inner and outer wheels together so that their gate marks line up, scrape and sand the inners and outers at the same time! It will halve the time needed, AND if any, or both gate marks on the inner or outer wheels are cleaned up a bit messily, you can rotate the wheel to face the mark down or up and rest easy that the adjacent mark is also hidden!

Rearguards,

Badder

We need a conversation :fight:

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

You sound like an armour modeller already! :thumbsup: 

Excellent progress too.

Kind regards,

Stix

Haha - I feel more like an  :unamused:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hewy said:

Crikey those snips look top drawer makes my Swiss army knife and 240 grit wrapped round a lolly stick look a bit sad,

A good craftsman never blames his tools.

I've never quite understood that expression. Does it mean that a good craftsman is capable of making a quality piece even with bad tools, and so if he does make a bad piece, it's his fault, not the tools'? Or does it mean, ultimately, that a good craftsman would never use bad tools anyway, so it can never be the tools fault?

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Badder said:

A good craftsman never blames his tools.

I've never quite understood that expression. Does it mean that a good craftsman is capable of making a quality piece even with bad tools, and so if he does make a bad piece, it's his fault, not the tools'? Or does it mean, ultimately, that a good craftsman would never use bad tools anyway, so it can never be the tools fault?

Rearguards,

Badder

No no no a good craftsman can make his own tools. Lol we frequently have to make tools when forging so I am very sure that is what is meant. A hammer and very hot fire is capable of doing a lot of things provided that it is in winter time naturally.... 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Haha 3

Quick update.

Page 1 (build) complete. Moving onto Page 2 (and probably more) before applying any paint.

Having never built a 1:35 Dragon kit, I'm rather amazed by the detailing. I guess this comes from small parts being made of many smaller parts. This is time consuming but the results are definitely visible!!

31426975857_f82c243fee_k.jpg

31426975587_6846eff5dc_k.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you Glynn / Simon  :happy:

I'm going off piste hence posting the next page. I've been playing with some dry fitting and realised part D13 (Section 9) won't fit if K1 and K2 (Section 7) are fitted first!!

45267247915_bce339a1e0_k.jpg

I'll get round to some more pictures as soon as I can

• Like 2

Hi Nigel and good to see you are underway. The detail, as you say, looks very good on the lower hull. I like the sound of your planning for the build sequence too - you'll be a Dragon kit expert in no time! :thumbsup:

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 8:25 AM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel and good to see you are underway. The detail, as you say, looks very good on the lower hull. I like the sound of your planning for the build sequence too - you'll be a Dragon kit expert in no time! :thumbsup:

Kind regards, 

Stix

Haha - I think 'expert' is pushing boundaries, Stix. I'll just be happy completing this without too much hassle  :laugh:

On 12/21/2018 at 5:35 PM, FrancisGL said:

Nice progress, coming along nicely...:popcorn:

Cheers mate :santa:

Many thanks  :smile:  I have a couple of updates below.

As I said, now doing things my own way to a certain extent but it's taking shape. The second picture is a dry fit for now.

45506403895_1515fa2941_k.jpg

45506403295_e5e14703bf_k.jpg

• Like 7