Eduard Su-27

Blackat

Hello mates

Great excitement caused me the day I bought my Su-27 packed by Eduard.
I immediately started the search and bought the necessary accessories for the beautiful bird.
However at the time of gathering information and reviews of the model, it turns out that it has its "peculiarities".
It has already been some years in the closet, and when reviewing the inventory of what I will build in the coming months, suddenly, this Russian lady appears.
With the encouragement very high and evaluating the surgery that is necessary to add the bays of the landing gear, I have decided to correct some of the problems of length of this lady.

IMG-0368.jpg

• Like 5

nice project!  but I would not bother addressing the size issue! too much hazzle, and success not guaranteed!  if you want one to better to scale nowadays, build a Hobbyboss one! (or Kittyhawk, GWH, Kinetic if the version can be changed)

Looking forward to your build!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:blink2: Whoa!

You're going to town with this Eduard rebox of the ancient Academy kit! Those lost 16 millimetres in the fuselage length real bring back so awesome memories, as there used to be a bloke from Croatia (Super Gru) on ARC who did an excellent job enlarging his Academy Flanker B kit in 2009.

As mate Werner said above; respect to you for doing something like this when there's the Hobby Boss Flanker B kit in the same scale available today.

Super Gru's (Splinter here on BM) work was so superb that I attempted his mod on my Academy kit, but then again, Super Gru himself came across the issue with the wrong windshield/canopy on the Academy kit than he eventually ditched the project, and so did I, until late in 2012 Yufei Mao (Haneto) released his Fairy-Hobby correction canopies for the Academy kit. Finished mine on my own and sold it to a bloke in Brazil for three times' worth the Academy kit price.

Then the Hobby Boss kit happened (not without issues of their own), but to have the correct length in the fuselaje solved is a merit on its own, and such a relief.

Well, be that as it may, the way you chose to lengthen the fuselage in your kit is quite different from what Super Gru did on his. I've still got the pictures of Super Gru's Flankerstein project, as it involved several cutting on both the fuselage and wings. Someone back in the day made a joke with regard to Super Gru's work being like Humty Dumty crushed against the floor, and whether or not he (Super Gru) was able to put it all back together. :lol: So many cuts; I think it was nine cuts just on the fuselage alone! Someone here recalls about that?

Epic job, and that Super Gru bloke was SO skilled - oh, man.

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1

• 1 year later...