Eduard 1/48 Tempest

35 minutes ago, keith in the uk said:

Nice job , my only gripe would be the wheel wells which would have been natural metal not interior green.

Quote Camouflage & Markings page 78 All Typhoons , Tempests,  the inside of wheel wells ,undercarriage doors ,radiator intakes were Aluminium or 

Natural Metal. :pipe:

Hi there!  First off, regarding the wheel well color, the Eduard instructions say the wells are supposed to be green.  I know, as I am building a Tempest myself, and I've made my wheels wells green also.  Maybe not too late to change.

Secondly, to salmo G, you built and painted a BEAUTIFUL Tempest!  I was impressed with the builds and paint jobs that were done on both the Series 1 and 2 Tempests in the Modeling News, but yours is every bit as fabulous!  I am in the process of building a Series 2, and I could only hope to end up with an airplane that is even close to as nice as yours.  I'm at the painting stage, and have primed and pre-shaded the panel lines.  I was going to do one with the invasion stripes as yours is, but I think I've decided to make my Series 2 without the stripes, and get a Series 1 and do that stripes on that one.  

Kudos on your build...the weathering is fantastic!

55 minutes ago, keith in the uk said:

Nice job , my only gripe would be the wheel wells which would have been natural metal not interior green.

Quote Camouflage & Markings page 78 All Typhoons , Tempests,  the inside of wheel wells ,undercarriage doors ,radiator intakes were Aluminium or 

Natural Metal. :pipe:

Painted aluminum on Typhoons, yes.. Never bare metal.

BUT, Tempest from what can be seen have grey-green, there are shots of the production line that show a mid tone interior colour, and aluminium dope usually photographs near white, or white a distinctive sheen.

grey green photographs as dull mid grey

this film on the Tempest,  has film of the UC wells, and the cockpit,  which do not show a bright shiny finish, or black, leaving grey green as an option, note at 21.25, the mechanic takes off the wheel, and the shiny aluminuim rim can be compared with the UC well, which is a mid grey.

this goes to the specific time at the start of the sequence.

HTH