Plasto’s Tamiya 1/48 Panzer iv Ausf H

Plasto

More painting and weathering.

its basically had a filter wash, a dust coat, some streaking, a Matt coat, some pastel/pigments some chipping and some work on the tracks.. Oh and some rust etc..

46757261322_b94d524a1b_b.jpg

46757261382_9de6206535_b.jpg

i also added in a additional skirt plate painted in a differing scheme to replicate a replacement taken off of another Tank..

46757261272_f0c94ed05d_b.jpg

Thoughts?

• Like 6

Hi Plasto. That is really looking excellent. I must admit, when I saw the photos above, I thought it was 1/35 - then I thought I was sure you were building a 1/48 kit! And of course you are. The effects you have used with your painting, weathering - plus with the replcement thin side armour - really gives it a much larger scale appearance. Very nicely done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

Thanks for the feedback.

with the tank almost complete I have made a start on a bit of a scenic base. 

Armour always looks better with some sort of base I think.

this is not a diorama just a base to help the model along.

31893941997_7bed7aebe8_b.jpg

39870248523_21b5e129ab_b.jpg

its just a bit of high density foam carved to shape. I added some Anti tank cubes to the base these are also out of HD foam and glued down with modge podge.

the base has had a coat of plaster mixed with PVA  and the. A base coat of brown acrylic and buff acrylic to start off the concrete. I added brass wire loops to the AT cubes as sling hooks...

Heaps more to do on the base but we’re off to a start...

• Like 4

More work on the scenic base...

I added a coat of modge podge and then gave it a good coat of finely sived garden dirt... which then got a coat of scenic glue which is basically diluted modge podge Matt with water 5:1 sprayed out of a spray bottle... this has given me a nice textured earth base to start with...

45932717915_a9e0dc2565_b.jpg

I made sure to build up the earth by the AT cubes to give them a sunk in look..

• Like 3

So further  work on the base.....

39899352083_82ed0ecd70_b.jpg

39899352053_f4ac4c52a4_b.jpg

46864016011_16e17d2df9_b.jpg

Most of the road surface disappears when the Tank is in position.

46864103691_98b8b27b2d_b.jpg

46139208344_419cbbeed8_b.jpg

46139208354_0fc75d9966_b.jpg

Thoughts?

A Tip...

if if you want a cheap and extremely effective ground litter material. Grab about 20 or so dry leaves and whirl them up in a blender and then sive to remove the big stuff and use the fine stuff for the ground litter....

Edited by Plasto
  • Like 6

Hi. It's a really interesting topic. I like what you did so far. I have a question. How you paint tracks and wheels. Separate from the model or you glue it together and then paint it?

Cheers

Glue it together and then paint...

Once built I gave the whole thing a undercoat in mahogany coloured mr surfaced. Then the base dunkelgelb ( yellow ochre) then detail paint the tracks with a base colour made of nato black and hull red once this is dry detail paint the road wheels with rubber black for the rubber parts.... Then weather from there... HTH

Hi Plasto. Just been checking out your photos of this in the gallery! It looks absolutely superb! The paintwork, weathering and base all add up to a great looking model. Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix