Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b 175 Sqn. RAF

15 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent build on your Tiffy Roger :clap2: ... Whats the significance of the white bombs ? Were they a special type or just painted white at the factory ?

Thank you Dennis.

White denotes inert practice bombs. 

I seem to remember practice bombs could be filled to produce smoke or a flash so crews could observe where they had landed so perhaps inert is incorrect?

Edited by Roger Newsome
Further info
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

.................I was actually thinking it could do with being a little more matt myself but bottled out of spraying another coat on as I didn't want to get it on the transparent parts.

Afternoon Roger,

sooooo, after 2x 72nd builds, 1x 48th complete with another due on the bench......................WHEN do you start on the 1/24th scale? :whistle:

Great job on the underwing I.D. stripes, you DO like your learning curves S

T

E

E

P don't you?!!

Should you decide to reduce the shine a little, get some fine micromesh something in the 10,000 - 12,000 range,

that way no need to worry about the canopy or landing / nav lights.

Paul

17 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Afternoon Roger,

sooooo, after 2x 72nd builds, 1x 48th complete with another due on the bench......................WHEN do you start on the 1/24th scale? :whistle:

Great job on the underwing I.D. stripes, you DO like your learning curves S

T

E

E

P don't you?!!

Should you decide to reduce the shine a little, get some fine micromesh something in the 10,000 - 12,000 range,

that way no need to worry about the canopy or landing / nav lights.

Paul

Good afternoon Paul. Thanks very much, slight correction, 3 x 1/72 but one hasn't been shown here yet. I'll keep you in suspense for the time being. 😉:giggle: I'd love a stab at the 1/24 but I'm having problems displaying what I already have and with a Halifax in progress and another Whitley queuing it's not going to get any better.  

TEEP? What's that and should I Google it? 😁

I have some micromesh in that range, thanks, I'll get rubbing!!!! (Gently).

TEEP? TEEP? Cor, you just CAN'T get the staff these days, it's STEEP!

Go back and read it again, then sit in the corner and write out 100 times.....................:rofl2:

Yes, VERY gently and lovingly, as if trying to wind baby!

42 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Go back and read it again, then sit in the corner and write out 100 times.....................:rofl2:

Oops, must've gone a bit disleksik. 

35 minutes ago, phildagreek said:

NIce!

Thank you. 🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Isn't winding babies outlawed under human rights legislation? Besides, it's difficult to get large enough bobbins these days... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chaotic Mike said:

Excellent job... Go on, hit it with Windsor and Newton matt varnish... You know you want to! 🙃

Thanks Mike. I need to get some of that, the last time I looked I bought satin as there was no Matt.

1 hour ago, Chaotic Mike said:

Isn't winding babies outlawed under human rights legislation? Besides, it's difficult to get large enough bobbins these days... 

Is this a wind up or a wind up?