Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b 175 Sqn. RAF

Hasegawa 1/48th Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b "car door" type. Armed with practice bombs as in the quite well known photo of this particular aircraft, "Dirty Dora".

Painted with Mr. Hobby and Tamiya acrylic.

Trying to get decent photo's proved to be a bit of a nightmare so apologies in advance for that.

IMG_6639IMG_6641IMG_6642IMG_6643IMG_6646IMG_6647IMG_6648IMG_6649IMG_6650

• Like 41

4 minutes ago, WhitleyZ6743 said:

Very nice, interesting to see the individual aircraft letter on the wing leading edge.

Thanks very much.

To tell the truth I was in two minds whether to use the leading edge "N" decal or not. I found more photo's without than with and it isn't clearly visible on the photo of the real EK139. 

27 minutes ago, Saddler said:

Cracking build Roger, what paint did you use?

Thanks very much.

Primed with Mr Finishing Surfacer Black 1500.

Underneath, Tamiya XF-83 Medium Sea Grey

Uppersurfaces, Tamiya XF-82 Ocean Grey & XF-81 Dark Green. 

Highlights were done by adding a touch of Mr Hobby H311 Grey to the base colour.

Additional shading was done with Tamiya X-19 Smoke.

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Very nice, Roger. Well done.

Thank you very much Vinnie.

@russ c, @RMCS, @dogsbody,yes, that's where I got the idea to equip mine with practice bombs.  @salmo G, @stevej60, @stevehnz, @Christer A, @Courageous, I was actually thinking it could do with being a little more matt myself but bottled out of spraying another coat on as I didn't want to get it on the transparent parts. 

Thank you all very much, your kind comments are very much appreciated.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

She came out great Roger - the shading you got with the paint job is lovely- great weathering too - love a grubby tiffy..! Great work!

Thanks very much. The next one I do, the bubble canopy, I'll try and replicate a dusty appearance that's described in a lot of the accounts of Typhoon sqns. operating from airfields in Normandy.... well, that's the plan at the moment anyway. 😁