Difference Between

Bryan71

As I have just got rid of my Infinity CR Plus.I still use my Evolution CR Plus 0.4 for general use

But after one for more detailed work.Looking at the following 

Iwata Custom Micron CM-C Plus (V2) or

Iwata High Performance HP-C Plus

I know the Custom is bloody expensive but is it much better in terms of quality 

I have a Iwata CM-C V2 and it sprays beautifully, build quality is first class and the trigger is sublime, as you'ed expect for the money though.

Now I'm almost too scared to use it, and to be honest it's overkill for modelling use, but if you use one you will see why people rave about them, with the right type of paint and thinned right they atomize the paint and spray at ridiculously low air pressure if required.

I have a couple of Tamiya HG .2 and .3 airbrushes and they spray fantastic and the triggers are the closest I have found to the feel of the CM-C and they are equal on build quality to the Iwatas.

Got my last .3 with the new type P shaped trigger off ebay from Japan, and even with vat and royal mail charges it came out at £90 including postage, I'm not trying to put you off the CM-C but you can get quite a few airbrushes which will do very well for modelling needs for the price of the Iwata

PS. The last Tamiya HG I got was the one with the 7ml fixed paint cup not the removeable one

• Like 1

It really is a nice piece of kit and sprays beautifully, just be a little more careful with the needle/nozzel assy', you don't want to damage that when cleaning. You can do very small touch ups with ease using it.

I didn't go down the Mac valve route as I never see the need to adjust the pressure once I start spraying and have adjusted it on the compressor regulator.

For a .23 needle it can put down a fair amount of paint if needed, you definitely won't be disappointed with it if you do get one

http://www.airbrushguru.com/iwata-custom-micron-series.html   helped me make my mind

I've tried a borrowed one, and for ultra fine detail modelling work the Badger Sotar 20/20 was just as good: I can spray sub millimeter mottles and lines and £130 is not exactly profligate. I know a few professional illustrators who use Customs but they simply laughed when they heard folk buy them for painting models...tell that to guys who paint warhammer figures with an airbrush!

FWIW here's my recent usage of a Sotar 20/20 on a  1/72 kit using bog standard Mr Paint. It won't  match the Custom's build quality but do you want spray with it or look at it? As my illustrator  friend put it , "You get a Stradivarius when you've mastered the instrument, not when you're learning your first scales". That said, I buy nice beautifully made things just  because they're nice...😉

Cheers,

Anil

2 hours ago, colin said:

It really is a nice piece of kit and sprays beautifully, just be a little more careful with the needle/nozzel assy', you don't want to damage that when cleaning. You can do very small touch ups with ease using it.

I didn't go down the Mac valve route as I never see the need to adjust the pressure once I start spraying and have adjusted it on the compressor regulator.

For a .23 needle it can put down a fair amount of paint if needed, you definitely won't be disappointed with it if you do get one

Thanks for thank might end up getting rid of my Harder Evolution CR Plus 0.4 If it covers well

Save yourself a bunch of cash and get a gsi ps770

It's a cm-c+ with a cm-b head and needle.

Zero difference in quality between it and a cm.

In fact the only differences are cosmetic. Many use the nozzle,needle and other parts as replacements for their cm's.

I don't mean it's similar, I mean it's literally the same.

Unless your opposed to C size cups or a Mac valve there really is no reason to spend for the CM.

Sotars do in fact compete fine line wise, though there are some minor points of quality that are not as high as the Japanese brushes if your super picky.

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2018 at 4:38 PM, Bryan71 said:

As I have just got rid of my Infinity CR Plus.I still use my Evolution CR Plus 0.4 for general use

But after one for more detailed work.Looking at the following 

Iwata Custom Micron CM-C Plus (V2) or

Iwata High Performance HP-C Plus

I know the Custom is bloody expensive but is it much better in terms of quality 

What did you not like about the H&S CRplus?

4 hours ago, Gav G said:

What did you not like about the H&S CRplus?

It was the trigger I disliked.Couldn’t get use to it.Felt almost cheap very clicky and jurky.I ended up replacing it with a Iwata Custom.Yes it’s more expensive but the trigger action and the over all build quality is second to none.Everyone is different but I dislike Harder.They are good but aren’t cheap but mine felt cheap.

• Like 1