1/72nd Academy Catalina,....poss RAAF Black Cat, RNZAF or RAF.,.......FINISHED!!

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Great painting Tony.

I like the colours you have chosen, they look right to me.

Thanks so much,...... I`m in un chartered territory when it comes to these Aussie Cat`s and for you to say so really means a lot!

Cheers

Tony   

• Like 1

Hiya Folks,..... I`ve got the decals on now,........ Flickr have just informed me too that my account will be frozen on the 8th January unless I agree to pay to use it,...... so I`ll be needing another dowload site if anybody knows one? Seems they are doing a Photobucket on us!

PBY-5;

DSCF5433DSCF5432

The roundels on the upper wings of the PBY-5 will later be toned down using EDSG to cover the white!

PBY-4;

DSCF5434DSCF5435

Strange that I should finally get some decent daylight for photos on the Winter Solstace,..... the shortest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere,....... our friends `Down Under' are enjoying their longest day of the year. 

Cheers

Tony   

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 10

Nice Cat Tony.  It is coming on really well.  

I might even consider digging out the Airfix Catalina from the bottom of the stash and see what I can do with it....

As for the flickr thing - is there a 1000 picture limit, if your photo count does not have more than that it is free?  

Potentially any other flickr account that you may have, that could have a different email address may have the same limitation for free picture storage (if you catch my drift)...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

Nice Cat Tony.  It is coming on really well.  

I might even consider digging out the Airfix Catalina from the bottom of the stash and see what I can do with it....

As for the flickr thing - is there a 1000 picture limit, if your photo count does not have more than that it is free?  

Potentially any other flickr account that you may have, that could have a different email address may have the same limitation for free picture storage (if you catch my drift)...

Cheers Chris,

Yes it is a 1,000 pic limit,..... I`ve been deleting old pics from old posts but yeah I was thinking along the same lines bout other e mail addresses.

All the best bud and have a nice Crimbo,

Tony

36 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

These are both looking great Tony the colors worked out well. 

Cheers,..... glad you think so,...... I`m still not convinced about the PBY-4,..... but I wanted it to be more faded!

Cheers Steve,..... yeah go for it mate,....... I`ll be making one myself soon!

Here is another update,..... done a bit more weathering, added the wings and struts and starting on the antennae etc,...... the only thing is,.... I`ve misplaced a wing float since the last photos,....... hopefully it will turn up somewhere! Some detail painting still required;

PBY-5,...... now I know that the reference photo shows this aircraft to be fitted with the early style nose turret,.... but there wasn`t one in my kit which was bought second hand,.... and as it is often depicted as having the later style turret I am going with the fact that after it as repaired following the landing accident it had the newer 2 gun turret retrofitted!;

DSCF5443DSCF5444DSCF5442

PBY-4;

DSCF5446

DSCF5447

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 11

Hi Tony,

They're looking great. Interesting camouflage scheme, and the weathering is bringing them to life. 

People really are kicking on in this GB...

Regards,

David

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dazey said:

Hi Tony,

They're looking great. Interesting camouflage scheme, and the weathering is bringing them to life. 

People really are kicking on in this GB...

Regards,

David

Cheers David,

Yeah there are some good builds on this GB,..... I`m impressed too,

All the best

Tony

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimmyZ said:

I'm only stumbling across this one now. Looks superb and great progress!

Cheers

Jimmy

Cheers Jimmy,.... I finished them last night,....I`ll post some pics soon,

Merry Christmas,

Tony

Hiya Folks,........ Well I` calling them finished!! 

A massive thanks to my mate and RAAF colours and markings expert Syd in Australia for acting as a sounding board for my colour quandries and queries,.... just glad that we were basically singing from the same song sheet as he confirmed thoughts that I first thought might be outlandish and made them sound like common sense,..... so cheers mate!!   

The photos have highlighted poor seams at the wing tip`s so I may have a go at sorting these out,..... either by saning and filling or adding a plasticard skin?

DSCF5484_NEW

PBY-5;

DSCF5454_NEWDSCF5456_NEWDSCF5455DSCF5458_NEWDSCF5465_NEWDSCF5463_NEWDSCF5466_NEW

PBY-4;

DSCF5481DSCF5480DSCF5478_NEWDSCF5477_NEWDSCF5473_NEWDSCF5467_NEWDSCF5472_NEWDSCF5469_NEW

So that`s it,..... thanks for all of the support along the way,

Cheers

Tony.

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Those look great Tony.  That's Some Chicken indeed!  😁

Thanks John,..... glad you like them and cheers for saying so,

All the best

Tony

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great work on these Tony 👍 ...Merry Christmas.

Thanks ever so much and a Very Merry Christmas to you too,.... cheers for all of your encouragement.

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Brilliant Tony, those camo top wings do really suit the PBYs, yours look great.

Steve.

Cheers Steve,...  and Merry Christmas mate,...... thanks for all of your encouragement over the past few years,

All the best

Tony

• Like 2