A pair of Spitfire Mk1A's

Not had a lot of time recently for modelling but I just finished a MK1A I bought at a boot sale earlier in the year for a quid. 

Basically just a few hours work  (you can probably tell!) to finish both. 

QJB is the boot sale model which represents a Spit from 92 squadron, Manston.  I can't remember the origin of DWK but suffice it to say that is was the one given away by the Daily Mail so both models cost me the grand total of £1.70!

These are probably some of the best models I've done so far and am probably up to schoolboy level now! To be honest I don't have the patience, nor more important the dexterity to get anywhere near what we usually see on here but I think as a member of this august forum and having profited from the help I have received it behoves me to post pics of what I am up to.

Without further ado....

DSCN3159.jpg

DSCN3158.jpg

DSCN3156.jpg

DSCN3154.jpg

DSCN3152.jpg

DSCN3153.jpg

• Like 12

Practice, practice, practice.......

It gets easier as you build more.

I've been messing around with plastic model aircraft since the 1960's and I've a long way to go to meet the standards of the sublime modelling we often see on Britmodeller.  For me it's an escape from the day-to-day.  Fun, of a sort, you might say,

Your modelling is okay and will improve with each kit you build.

FFH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2018 at 14:04, FatFlyHalf said:

Practice, practice, practice.......

It gets easier as you build more.

I've been messing around with plastic model aircraft since the 1960's and I've a long way to go to meet the standards of the sublime modelling we often see on Britmodeller.  For me it's an escape from the day-to-day.  Fun, of a sort, you might say,

Your modelling is okay and will improve with each kit you build.

FFH

Thanks FFH. 😊

You are right of course, it's an enjoyable pastime especially if, like me, you are generally interested in aircraft.

Of course it would be wonderful to build stuff like the masterpieces we see on here but for my ham fisted efforts I guess the journey is almost as important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1