Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger -Finished

You all have probably seen my from in WIP's section but heres the 'final' update on the KT, I have gotten the 1/16 Panther a couple weeks ago so I already have my work cut out for me. 

This has taken over a year and a half to build and complete, about 30-35% is aftermarket purchases or scratchbuilding that I based off the book Super King by David Parker. Hope you all enjoy(also please note that some small things are not pictured, as they're currently MIA).

31249803077_a275f76e8f_b.jpg31249803077_a275f76e8f_b.jpg44137212980_205bcf3dc4_b.jpg45276626355_7673601db7_b.jpg44137211370_2ed274c8a5_b.jpg45276624895_992f6233ea_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140207497@N02/46138441912/in/datetaken/

45464995224_b1d3ab047d_b.jpg46138442952_a6e2e14fc7_b.jpg45276625225_d939e164ec_b.jpg46138443012_f85ef383df_b.jpg44371799810_cd272dc2d4_b.jpg

Edited by Mark Hoffmanly
  • Like 11

Just, plain amazing work, my friend. This is a real tribute to your build / paint skills. You must have been very happy to finish it, I'm guessing (but not in a bad way). 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Just, plain amazing work, my friend. This is a real tribute to your build / paint skills. You must have been very happy to finish it, I'm guessing (but not in a bad way). 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris.  

Thank you Chris. You are correct in your guess. Its nice to have a open workspace aswell. 

Mark.

I'm very glad that you enjoyed building the King Tiger. Some folks in this hobby seem to forget that it should mainly be about enjoyment (I think they prefer counting rivets to enjoying what they do). 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spruecutter96 said:

I'm very glad that you enjoyed building the King Tiger. Some folks in this hobby seem to forget that it should mainly be about enjoyment (I think they prefer counting rivets to enjoying what they do). 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Thanks, but I plan on being even more meticulous with the 1/16 Panther than that of my KT

Mark

Pretty impressive final product there.  And you are going to be even more obsessed with the Panther?

Good grief man!!

There is an involved build of the 1/16 Panther on the Kiwimodeller site under forums (Trumpeter 1:16 Panther) that I've been following. If mine ever comes I

won't go into that much detail on the interior though.

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing some Panther pics.

Lloyd

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mark Hoffmanly said:

Yes it is, Its Takoms 1/35 KT with inteior. 

It still looks pretty big in itself, I've not built a Tiger ii before, it's on 'the list' though, wouldn't have room for a 1/16th beast at the moment, maybe one day in the future though as I'd love to have a go at one.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments!

13 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Pretty impressive final product there.  And you are going to be even more obsessed with the Panther?

Good grief man!!

There is an involved build of the 1/16 Panther on the Kiwimodeller site under forums (Trumpeter 1:16 Panther) that I've been following. If mine ever comes I

won't go into that much detail on the interior though.

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing some Panther pics.

Lloyd

I will take a look at this forum, I am apart of a 1/16 Panther build group on Facebook that has some really impressive work in there, far better than what I have done wih the KT. 

Mark 

8 hours ago, Gary29 said:

It still looks pretty big in itself, I've not built a Tiger ii before, it's on 'the list' though, wouldn't have room for a 1/16th beast at the moment, maybe one day in the future though as I'd love to have a go at one.

If you plan on getting a 1/16 KT, please note that the box is about 2X larger than the actual model, so you'll have to find room for the giant model and its giant box. (Made quite a difficult maze for me when I had to leave my chair to do something.) Good luck if you do decide on getting it, its one project you'll never forget.