Gloster Gamecock

72modeler

Dennis

As far as I know, nothing currently produced in 1/72. Aeroclub did one which comes up from time to time on Ebay, before that there was a Pegasus version and also one by Veeday packaged with the Flycatcher. Aeroclub is the easiest if you can find it, I can let you have the Veeday and possibly some parts from the Pegasus which I had at some stage if you are wanting a challenge.

Paul 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I like the Finnish example as well. Im presuming Aluminum dope for most but the upper surface colors ? Green or green/black mix any ideas ? Oh and does anyone one make one of these in 1/72nd ?

Dennis

Dennis,

According to my copy of Finnish Air Force Camouflage and Markings, by Kari Stenman, Kalevi Keskinen, et al, the Gamecocks that were used by the Finns were "delivered in silver dope overall, with the nose and antiglare areas being finished in dark green, NIVO, FS34096."' I'm not sure, and maybe one of the Antti's can elaborate, but what looks like different shades of green in the photo might be due to the paint/dope being applied over fabric, metal, and wood surfaces. IIRC, 1/72 kits were done by  CMR, (resin) Aeroclub, (injected  & vacform) Veeday, (injected) and Broplan, (vacform). I  have  the CMR kit and it is outstanding, but SO small! I think you would have a hard time finding any of the others, as they've been OOP for quite a while. It is a neat-looking and pugnaciuous little spud! It's one I wish Matchbox had gotten around to in their 'tween the war series of biplanes. See the link for what the CMR kit looks like. (I am not endorsing their products, nor do I get anything from mentioning them, but have submitted the link for informational purposes only.)

Mike

http://www.cmrmodels.co.uk/cmr72-032/gloster-gamecock.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vildebeest said:

I can let you have the Veeday and possibly some parts from the Pegasus which I had at some stage if you are wanting a challenge.

Hello Paul ... I may take you up on that offer. However wouldn't be sure until after the Chritmas holidays, due to budgetary reasons. I will reach out to you at that time with a solid answer.     

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

In 1/72 Veeday/Pegaus/Aeroclub are all Mk Is. For A Finnish Mk II Broplan has a short-run kit too which can be found from this site built nicely by JWM if I recall correct.

It was the wings which differentiated Mk I and II from each other. First Finnish one (GA-38) was a mark II but with short fuselage.

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 7:30 PM, AaCee26 said:

For A Finnish Mk II Broplan has a short-run kit too which can be found from this site built nicely by JWM if I recall correct.

Thank you, indeed I did it :)

Here if anybody interesting in:

Regards

J-W