1/72 Armourfast Panzer IV ausf G's +++COMPLETED+++

BIG X

That is a large gap between the turret and the bin - you could have lost a whole crew member down there!

Hope you manage to get it sorted okay!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MarkSH said:

Nice start, I've had a similar day re: the chrimbo tree and deccies, but at least I could claim the long held family tradition of a very large brandy whilst doing them (PS it a long held family tradition wot I made up years ago! sshhh!)

I must admit it is now wine o'clock here too - so I'm not sure how much more I will get done before I get too 'over confident' ;)

I have just slapped on the PPP though - smashing stuff...

AF032.jpg

AF034.jpg

...it dries pretty quickly too.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, BIG X said:

- less rambling and more work I think...

I think you are doing pretty well with the work so far! 👍 Gaps look filled to me!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I hate to put a downer on your great work thus far but the large gap between the turret & the storage basket is meant to be there. It's held on by brackets & doesn't sit flush against the back of the turret.

1852_35715_07.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

I hate to put a downer on your great work thus far but the large gap between the turret & the storage basket is meant to be there. It's held on by brackets & doesn't sit flush against the back of the turret.

1852_35715_07.jpg

WHOOPS!!!

If I'd known it was a 'picnic basket' I would have added a bit of Evergreen - oh well - not to worry eh... :lol:

BTW - That's a really nice looking piece of work - is it yours - if so what scale - proper craftsmanship :goodjob: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Never mind X, but that's the great thing about GBs and especially STGBs and particularly for Armour Virgins like wot I is, you learn so much. I have to admit I'd have probably come to the same conclusion about the picnic hamper as well.

• Like 2

After the 'picnic basket' disaster I'm moving swiftly on :whistle: to drilling the muzzles out - before the wine affects my failing eyesight too much :blush:

AF025.jpg

AF026.jpg

...well it appears my own eyesight is OK - but my mobile may have been at the vino - blur city.... :mental:

so - two barrels completed...

AF029.jpg

...and before I lose it completely I thought I better join and drill the exhausts - at least I hope that is what they are...

AF031.jpg

AF040.jpg

..not brilliant either - but at 1/72 & covered in mud - we may just pull it off ;)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

Not my work, just the first good image google gave me. I think it's a promo shot for a photo etch set.

Hey Mig - it is really nice work - thanks for chipping in - this is the kind of help a few of us may need along the way. 

4 minutes ago, MarkSH said:

Never mind X, but that's the great thing about GBs and especially STGBs and particularly for Armour Virgins like wot I is, you learn so much. I have to admit I'd have probably come to the same conclusion about the picnic hamper as well.

Hey Mark - I'm not stressing - this is just my 'warm up' - so a valid point learnt for a few of us.

1 minute ago, PlaStix said:

I've not built a Pz.IV either so I would have filled the gap too! Live and learn.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hey Stix - I feel I have provided a vital service for all us Panzer virgins :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Just wondering how well stuck are the bins? If not too bad you could get them off and re-space them with some styrene. Otherwise - how well does your putty scribe. I've used the end of a blunt micro-screwdriver before now to carve out lines. Just a thought.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Just wondering how well stuck are the bins? If not too bad you could get them off and re-space them with some styrene. Otherwise - how well does your putty scribe. I've used the end of a blunt micro-screwdriver before now to carve out lines. Just a thought.

Kind regards,

Stix

Good thinking that man - they are well and truly stuck - I do tend to be a 'little heavy handed' on the glue - but if they turn out half decently I 'may' have a scratch at them - it's no big problem though as my main aim is to produce a half decent Revell - as part of 'Team Tiny Panzer' - with @Lawzer & @badger - so if I get it right there then I'll be happy.

• Like 2

Good job on the mg's and you could always go down the "drape a flag over the turret bin" route. 

Hopefully should get a bit of time on mine tonight, by which time these will probably be finished!!

All the best

Ben

• Like 2

Just now, badger said:

Good job on the mg's and you could always go down the "drape a flag over the turret bin" route. 

Ben

LOL!!!

• Haha 1

This is a very old matchbox panzer ii I did some years ago when I returned to the hobby. Have seen photos of this done as a air/ground recognition symbol.

2018-12-15_07-55-25

The flag is from a skytrex sheet

All the best

Ben

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

WHOOPS!!!

If I'd known it was a 'picnic basket' I would have added a bit of Evergreen - oh well - not to worry eh... :lol:

BTW - That's a really nice looking piece of work - is it yours - if so what scale - proper craftsmanship :goodjob: 

Got to be honest, I'd have done the same, it's 72nd for cryin out loud, slightly larger electron microscope needed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK - a bit more chopping / sanding / gluing...

I got the barrels into their mantlets...

AF041.jpg

there are a couple of pairs of roadwheels that go in a cradle on the side of the hull - proper modelling here - as you have to glue the two halves together ;)

AF030.jpg

...and the side doors for the turret actually have a bit of detail...

AF039.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Got to be honest, I'd have done the same, it's 72nd for cryin out loud, slightly larger electron microscope needed

Cheers Hewy - if you were looking through my failing eyes you would be amazed that I could see anything at all :lol:

• Haha 2

I'm still at it - it's been a hell of day - time for the venty things at the sides of the engine compartment...

AF042.jpg

...at least they are easy enough to identify by side - with the diagonal on the left...

AF043.jpg

So now I've started adding all the 'fiddly bits' - like the headlamps...

AF045.jpg

AF046.jpg

AF048.jpg

I 'think' the things on the left are a viewing port / a battery? / a semi-circular 'thing' & on the right I've added the side hatch doors.

As you can also see - the cupolas are on...

AF047.jpg

I'm going with one open and the other closed.

• Like 2

The "battery" is actually a wooden block that is used as a base for the jack. I'm not actually sure what the semi-circular thing is either though 🤔

(again not my work just a random image to show what I mean)
8a29dd22372a61778fe70608d47f4359.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mig Eater said:

The "battery" is actually a wooden block that is used as a base for the jack. I'm not actually sure what the semi-circular thing is either though 🤔

(again not my work just a random image to show what I mean)

Well you live & learn - I bet a few folk will find that handy to know - thanks.

• Like 1