Pledge Floor Care

Thor70

I have been told on many occasions that Future or Pledge Floor care gives great results when dipping canopies in it. I agree it does. However- I was also told it’s a great top coat prior to decaling. Not sure on that because I’ve done exactly what was instructed and for whatever reason I have a white haze surrounding my decal. The bottle says it dries in 20 - 30 minutes. Well, I came back in roughly  12 or so hours and started laying decals down- and that’s when I started to hear the “Physco” music and was overwhelmed with a lot of unsavory words. I’m not sure on what happened. If it was the interaction between the decal solvent and my 1st time effort, or the fact that it’s about 68 degrees in my basement or all of the above. I know this has probably been covered before, I’m new and I could use some guidance- Thanks !

My personal opinion is I don't like it as a gloss/top coat. I know people use it and they get results, but for me it's got it's uses, but as a dedicated gloss coat prior to decalling? No way!! I'd use a dedicated clear coat designed for that purpose, not some product for coating floors. It's all down to personal choice and for the people who like it then I say no problem to that. It's just not for me I'm afraid. I put a lot of effort into my builds and use decent paints and clears so that all my hard work does not go to waste..

I'm not an expert on the use of Pledge products for modeling but I believe that there has been a small reaction between the Pledge and the solvent. You could try to overcoat with a bit more Pledge. I have read that this will help.

Chris