Badger's 1/72 Revell Panzer IV ausf H

badger

9 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

That looks great Ben, the change in refraction through the 'water' works really well.

3 hours ago, BIG X said:

Brilliant work Ben - it's been well worth all the effort.  I'm cheering you on from my sick bed - so seeing it in the gallery will really cheer me up.

All the best - Steve

Many thanks chaps. Hope you feel better soon Steve.

It's all finished. I'll take some photos for the gallery in a bit.

Theres a couple of bits I'm not too happy with, but overall I'm pleased with the results.

IMG_20190317_001157IMG_20190317_001207

Many thanks to Stix for his excellent hosting and a thank you to everyone who has looked in and supported the build.

All the best

Ben

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Hewy said:

Looks great Ben, Superb build and scene, very well done 

3 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Excelent tiny scene, very well detailed. :goodjob:

Cheers mate 👍

3 hours ago, Lawzer said:

Superb! 👍

Thanks chaps - much appreciated!

Photos now up in the gallery

All the best

Ben

• Like 2

The photos in the gallery  reveal  the work that's gone in to it all Ben, when you consider it's scale, what does the base measure? My guess around  110mmx 150mm, very deceiving in the photos, but most impressive

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, badger said:

Revell 1/72 Panzer IV Ausf H Mid

Revell kit backdated to a mid production version with Eduard and Part photo etch details, Part etch zimmerit, AB Figures crew, RB Barrel and aerial, Eureka tow cable.

IMG_20190317_131709IMG_20190317_131724IMG_20190317_131746IMG_20190317_131754IMG_20190317_131817

Big thanks to Stix for hosting a very enjoyable gb

All the best

Ben

Gallery photos just in case anyone hasn't seen it there.

All the best

Ben

Edited by badger
  • Like 5

Right - you have earned a glass of something special - go and pour yourself one - then enjoy the fruits of your labour.

:cheers: That is a TOP TEAM TINY PANZER Ben

All the best Steve

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, BIG X said:

Right - you have earned a glass of something special - go and pour yourself one - then enjoy the fruits of your labour.

:cheers: That is a TOP TEAM TINY PANZER Ben

All the best Steve

Many thanks mate!

Did treat myself to a nice beer last night once I'd finished it.

Really pleased to have got something finished

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

Hi Ben. WOW! I have to say your project has turned out beautifully and is especially more impressive in 1/72! Awesome modelling on all levels! :thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ben. WOW! I have to say your project has turned out beautifully and is especially more impressive in 1/72! Awesome modelling on all levels! :thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks Stix and for making this a fun, supportive and enjoyable GB :like:

All the best

Ben

• Thanks 1

On 17/03/2019 at 13:41, Hewy said:

The photos in the gallery  reveal  the work that's gone in to it all Ben, when you consider it's scale, what does the base measure? My guess around  110mmx 150mm, very deceiving in the photos, but most impressive

Wow - that's a very close guess on the base size. 14cm by 9.5cm on the top. 

I have a mate who's a joiner so asked him to cut me a few up one day.

Ended up with a box of 50 so plenty to keep me going for a while (although nowhere near enough for all the stash!!).

All the best

Ben

• Like 3

Hey Ben - you can't have too many bases...

...I think a good base 'makes' a good build and that is something I'm still learning - it only works though if the model being displayed 'deserves it'...

my best attempt so far has been a pair of 109's with a 'bronze' plaque base...

01-left-down.jpg

...a little off subject for AFV's - but another slant on a base idea - I'm proud of it - a little different - I hope.

BTW - yours is my favourite in the 1/72 section  ;)

Steve

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BIG X said:

Hey Ben - you can't have too many bases...

...I think a good base 'makes' a good build and that is something I'm still learning - it only works though if the model being displayed 'deserves it'...

my best attempt so far has been a pair of 109's with a 'bronze' plaque base...

01-left-down.jpg

...a little off subject for AFV's - but another slant on a base idea - I'm proud of it - a little different - I hope.

BTW - yours is my favourite in the 1/72 section  ;)

Steve

Hi Steve

Hope you're feeling a bit better.

That's a very very nice base! Love the presentation and overall finish :like:.

I really enjoy playing around with the groundwork and always try to do something new each model I finish.

There's a couple of bits I'm not happy with. The black edging on the front is quite rough where I patched the filler so.I might just go back and redo this as I keep seeing it. The others I'll leave with and chalk them up to experience.

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badger said:

Hi Steve

Hope you're feeling a bit better.

That's a very very nice base! Love the presentation and overall finish :like:.

I really enjoy playing around with the groundwork and always try to do something new each model I finish.

There's a couple of bits I'm not happy with. The black edging on the front is quite rough where I patched the filler so.I might just go back and redo this as I keep seeing it. The others I'll leave with and chalk them up to experience.

All the best

Ben

Hey Ben - Yours is a classic - very detailed - but so simple at the same time - the sort of thing I  would aspire to - a perfect balance of detail and scale - A WINNER

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BIG X said:

Hey Ben - Yours is a classic - very detailed - but so simple at the same time - the sort of thing I  would aspire to - a perfect balance of detail and scale - A WINNER

Thanks mate :yes:

I've got a fairly basic one planned for the Patton GB, but who knows what the Tiger one and the D-Day one will turn out like.

All the best

Ben

• Like 3

On 18/03/2019 at 22:47, badger said:

what the Tiger one and the D-Day one will turn out like.

I've got a fun idea for my 72nd tiger buid,  maybe a location change from North Africa, to northern Italy, I've got some hauler pe for it too, I just hope my 6x reading glasses arrive in time 🤓

• Like 2