F-4D Phantom, `Trapper`, 432nd TFW, Udorn, Thailand

18 hours ago, russ c said:

Cheers Ad`, you nearly had me there 😀

It was my fervent hope you'd get the joke.  I know everyone gets to build and paint how they want.  But I really get puzzled when I see an exceptionally well built and detailed model finished in a patchwork quilt scheme.  Now, having said that, I am sure folks can produce a photo of a real F-100F that looks like a patchwork paint job, but I've never seen the point.  It almost feels as though they enjoyed the effect and just kept going. 

But again, I get it and folks can weather or not weather how ever they want.  They do not need my approval for sure.  But I do like to applaud the efforts of someone who weathers realistically.  It's kinda rare.    

• Like 2

Great job russ, I really like the camo painting and weathering, I'm gathering the bits at the moment for an academy phantom from Lakenheath,  so seeing this has  re- piqued my interest,  again well  finished

Glynn 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOUSTON said:

OMG!:heart:

STUNNING.... GORGEOUS.... PHABULOUS...

KUDOS.  :worthy::mike:

OMG!:heart:

STUNNING.... GORGEOUS.... PHABULOUS...

KUDOS.  :worthy::mike:

Thanks very much Houston, 

I am somewhat humbled by your very kind response 🙂 ( in a nice way )

Thanks again

Russ

This- is - an - AWESOME PHANTOM!!!! If you have time, do you mind a quick rundown on how you did the metal tail section--sorry if I missed the WIP--nevertheless--great job--I echo those who were originally fooled into thinking this was the real thing--Best, Erwin 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 06:32, Farmerboy said:

The best compliment I can give is that I thought it was photos of the real thing! Superb.

Ditto - I opened the thread and genuinely thought the first photo was of the real aircraft. I guess That’s about as good as it gets really. 👍

• Thanks 1