IT'S TIME...AMBUSH!!, GERMAN TANK DESTROYERS VOL2, STUG IV SDKFZ.167 1/35 ITALERI

FrancisGL

Hi Pals, a new project, is the Vol.2 of the German tank destroyer, in this case the Stug IV.

I bought it together with the Jadgpanzer IV, and it seems, at least on the box, that it will be somewhat better than the other. I'll see (fingers crossed). I like the plastic in gray more than the other, because I find it easier to visualize.
It includes a small set of PEs and a metal cannon, it's not bad, just in case I bought a set of Edu's PEs.

The idea is to add what you can and replace what is clearly improvable, because once painted, you do not know if it is metal / plastic ...

I hope to start soon ... lol

Thanks for watching and commenting as always :santa:

Ny44Jpa.jpg

Q9vcefm.jpg

5olYBCu.jpg

ERJLekF.jpg

WzmfqBk.jpg

SL4IoDm.jpg

G4cZK3x.jpg

RaS5clq.jpg

6KVbaQE.jpg

S9iRVs2.jpg

GrerGBL.jpg

NyuWAWh.jpg

PZ IV GROUP BUILD: IT'S TIME...AMBUSH!!, GERMAN TANK DESTROYERS VOL2, STUG IV SDKFZ.167 1/35 ITALERI

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 6

That looks a nice kit francis. Will you be zimeritting it ,are those those incuded link tracks  Usable?I'll get some pointers from this as  Ive got the old  tamiya stug iv with eduard and aber etch that I'm thinking to do in the panzer iv gb maybe,but I'll definitly need tracks as only rubber bands are included, no metal barrel either

• Thanks 1

Many thanks for your interest, follow and like.

I would love to do a zimm, but I'm afraid I do not have the right material (or very thick or very light), and with the tracks + PEs + I hope I do not have many problems as with the other kit ..., I think the quota of difficulty is covered ... lol.

I am afraid that they are not usable, if you mean some kind of movement, because they do not have pins to hold them, just join one another, paste ... and cross the fingers so that it is in place.

The ones that the Tamiya kit brings, I do not know if they are in detail on both sides, but if so, they usually have good IMHO quality, of course these from my kit, I would not recommend them.

I think there are third party options, which may be better, and the Friuls, but with the price, maybe they are not worth it ...

Cheers Hewy :santa:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

I think there are third party options, which may be better, and the Friuls, but with the price, maybe they are not worth it

I agree the fruil tracks are awesome but expensive and ott for the cheap tamiya kit, I'll endeavour to search out respectably priced alternatives, that won't cost double the kit price, cheers francis

Glynn 

• Thanks 1

Brilliant subject! I'll be keen to watch along. Any thoughts on colour scheme?

I've recently been using milliput to make zimmerit on my Jagdpanzer IV, I really like the technique and it's cheap, although it does take a dang long time and maybe is as bit over-scale in thickness. 

• Thanks 1

On 15/12/2018 at 11:37, Kris B said:

Nice to see you working again. What is the plan for tracks? 

Many thanks for your interest, in principle they will be the ones that the kit comes with, if they give me a lot of problems, maybe I will change them, although after the other model, I am more familiar with their assembly ...

Cheers Kris :santa:

Hi Francis.

First off, nice choice of vehicle.  You can't beat a StuG!

I built a Dragon StuG III a while ago. It was an ancient 'Imperial Series' kit that had been sitting on my LHS top shelf for around 25yrs! It wasn't a great kit TBH, with lots of misalignments on the inners and outers of the drive sprockets and idlers and horrendous flash everywhere being the main issues. But I realised Dragon were a 'newcomer' way back then, so I wasn't expecting it to be as good as their newer kits, or Tamiya. I will say that I didn't have any problems with the kit's tracks. The weren't bad and could be stretched in hot water to allow for sag over the return rollers. So it required a lot of 'cleaning up' and fiddling about, but in the end it made a nice model

I now have a Tamiya StuG IV in the stash, with PE parts and PE Zimmerit. I was going to build it for the current PzIV STGB, but in the end went for a Nashorn.

So that brings me to the question - Why didn't you wait a couple of weeks and build your StuG in the Panzer IV STGB?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Francis.

First off, nice choice of vehicle.  You can't beat a StuG!

I built a Dragon StuG III a while ago. It was an ancient 'Imperial Series' kit that had been sitting on my LHS top shelf for around 25yrs! It wasn't a great kit TBH, with lots of misalignments on the inners and outers of the drive sprockets and idlers and horrendous flash everywhere being the main issues. But I realised Dragon were a 'newcomer' way back then, so I wasn't expecting it to be as good as their newer kits, or Tamiya. I will say that I didn't have any problems with the kit's tracks. The weren't bad and could be stretched in hot water to allow for sag over the return rollers. So it required a lot of 'cleaning up' and fiddling about, but in the end it made a nice model

I now have a Tamiya StuG IV in the stash, with PE parts and PE Zimmerit. I was going to build it for the current PzIV STGB, but in the end went for a Nashorn.

So that brings me to the question - Why didn't you wait a couple of weeks and build your StuG in the Panzer IV STGB?

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder, many thanks for your follow,like  and interest for my job. 

It's a good question, just yesterday I realized that there was a GB of PzIVs, and I asked Stix (Plastix), if a parallel thread was possible in WIP / GB, because the kit is not yet started, only in the table work, and of course as I read in the GB, at 0% of a minimum 25% minimum progress to include it in the GB (if I did not understand wrong). I would like it to be possible, because the GB has for me the inconvenience of a fixed period of time, and the least impact of the finished model, very tight to the GB ...

I'm waiting for Stix's response, I was going to consult Enzo ...:hmmm:

A glance above how much there was and I saw that you were going to participate with a Nashorn, sincerely, I hope that the second, you have an optimal result to your liking.
I do not know why, there are models that we love, but it is almost impossible to "nail" them. :deadhorse:

Cheers Badder :santa:

• Like 2

On 15/12/2018 at 07:16, Ripaman said:

Hi Francis

Will look forward to another one of your great builds 

:popcorn::popcorn:

Regards

Richard

Many thanks for your like and kind words, I'm still waiting for something from the forum, to start the assembly....:hmmm:

Cheers Richard :santa:

• Like 1