This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

depressed lemur

The Bolton Show 2019

Hi Guys n Gals,

We can confirm that the Bolton IPMS show will be on the 20th January 2019 this year.  The venue is the same as last year (Bolton Wanderers Football Club) though there is a new name above the stadium The University of Bolton Stadium! Quite how that will fit onto the motorway signs is yet to be figured out, so you can use the postcode BL6 6JW for your sat nav needs.  Doors will open at 10am with a finish time of 4pm.  As before there is plenty of free parking and easy access to the site. This year we have increased the size of the show taking in the mezzanine area as well, thereare lifts and stairs to the upper floor.  This means that the show is bigger than last year, below is the list of confirmed traders and exhibitors.

Traders

ABC Brushes

Affinity Models

Antics

Aviatic

Aviation Book Centre

Bartsharp

BlackbirdModels

BlackMike Models

Bookworld (Avid Reader)

Brushman

Coastal Craft

Coastal Kits

EBMA Hobby and Craft

Flory / PM Models

Friendship Models

Halifax Modellers World

IPMS UK EC

Kit Krazy

Kits Kits

Klassic Kits

Leigh Models and Hobbies

Little Cars

MAN Models

Model Art

ModelCraft Hobbies Ltd.

Models for Sale

Moto Bitz

MJR Models and Hobbies

Mr Models

Oakwood Studios

Paul Davies

Plastic Hobbies

Quartermaster Collectables

S&M Models

SK Minatures

Squires Tools

Starling Models

Ruste Models

Tiger Hobbies

Tirydium Models

Transport Models Ltd.

Treemendous

Confirmed clubs and SIGS

580 Modellers

Aggressor and Adversary Aircraft SIG

Air Cadets RAF

Airfix Modelling SIG

Army Aviation SIG

IPMS Avon

Beyond the Box SIG

Bolton IPMS

Bomber Command SIG

IPMS Bridlington & Wolds

Chester Scale Model Club

Cleveland IPMS

Coventry and Warwickshire IPMS

Crewe (South Cheshire Military Model Club)

Crowdline (Special Display)

Edinburgh IPMS

EE Lightning SIG

F1 and Motorsport SIG

F-16 SIG

Scale Water Bomber SIG

Harrogate Scale Modellers

Hot Rod & Custom Car SIG

IPMS Kitmaker (British Bulldogs)

IPMS Lancashire

Luftwaffe SIG

Manchester IPMS

Merseyside Scale Model Club

Models for Heroes

Modern British Armour SIG

New Zealand SIG

IPMS North Riding

NW Car and Motorcycle

IPMS Partick (West of Scotland)

Project Cancelled

Rhyl Scale Model Club

Russian Wheels and Tracks

UK Modelling Community

Film Fangs

SESCU and Hemsworth

SIG 144

IPMS Stafford

Staffordshire Moorlands

Stoke on Trent

Sutton Spartans

IPMS Telford

Tornado SIG

Training AircraftSIG

IPMS Tyneside

Wakefield

Warrington IPMS

Wirral

York and District Scale Model Club

Yorkshire Black Sheep

What If SIG.

Should be OK!

Edited by depressed lemur
Corrected text after being told off

I'm looking forward to it already, lets hope the weather is kind to us again this year.

Duncan B

p.s. it's "BlackMike Models' not 'Black   Mike Models' :fight:

43 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

I'm looking forward to it already, lets hope the weather is kind to us again this year.

Duncan B

p.s. it's "BlackMike Models' not 'Black   Mike Models' :fight:

Deeply apologetic about the error,  this has been corrected.

:mike:

1 minute ago, depressed lemur said:

Deeply apologetic about the error,  this has been corrected.

:mike:

Trust me, you don't want your visitors trying to google 'Black Mike models', I can't get the pictures out of my head!!! :gobsmacked:

Great show and a brilliant venue, always look forward to this show!

Just a little over 2 weeks to go before the Bolton show.

For anyone interested in making a preorder for collection at the shows I will be attending this year I have set up an option in the shopping cart so that postage won’t be charged. Simply select that option and remember to add in the ‘Notes’ which Show you want to collect your order at. 

I hope to see some of you at the Bolton Show. 

Duncan B

Oh, HELP! There goes the neighbourhood :evil_laugh:

Lock up yer wives and daughters.........:tease:

See Ya there Duncan.

Getting down now to the final countdown for the Bolton Show on the 20th. Everything is now in place for what promises to be bigger and better than last year. This year we will be using the upper floor for extra traders and displays so make sure you visit The mezzanine.  There is access by either stairs or two lifts.

The weather forecast is still looking good with no hint of snow, which is always a bonus. A quick reminder that doors will open at 10am for the early birds. there is ample free car parking as well.

We hope to see as many of you guys as possible there, I will be visiting all traders and exhibitors during the day so feel free to say hello to the guy with Lemur on his shirt.

Not long to go now. I’ll be thinking about packing the van on Thursday so last call for pre-orders will be Wednesday. 

I’ve made a couple of alterations to the website to make it easier for people to make pre-orders for collection at Shows without the website automatically charging postage. Simply select the collect at show option at checkout and remember to tell us which show in the notes section. 

Duncan B

Can't wait for this one seems so long since smw!!!!

RG

Last call for pre-orders for collection at the show. I will be picking and packing stock on Friday so Thursday is the cut off for inclusion.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there, as RG says it's been ages since my last show so it'll be good to get back into the swing of things (I'll not be saying that by October!).

Duncan B

A quick check of the weather suggests we are still looking at being snow free this year.  I have seen that there is snow up in the highlands of Scotland, hopefully this will not inconvenience or disrupt any travel plans.

Evening Lemur, looking forward to Sunday,  but believe there's a computer fair on at same time...can you confirm one way or other please ??

Cheers Dave 

Hi @DaveH there is a computer fair on the same day, but it is in a smaller suite on the other side of the stadium. We are on the side off the hotel / shopping centre,  the same as last year.

Hope this helps

No probs, I'll just get there a bit earlier for a good parking space....

See you there

Dave

Looking forward to it.Might pick a model up off Duncan.And if he has any MMP paints.👍

Looking forward to this show, it was a cracker last year and I know you have increased the size of it this. Just hope the weather is kind crossing the Pennines.

I am 99% confident of popping along - as long as the snow stays away.  We had some snow the other night up here on Saddleworth & it looks we are in for a few more flurries today - but Sunday is still a long way off.  I mainly fancy replenishing my stock of 'little lenses' - I just need to do a stocktake of what I have. ;)  Then I shall have a wander and marvel at how much better other people are at this modelling malarkey than I am. :lol:

Hope to see you Sunday - Steve

14 hours ago, Bryan71 said:

Looking forward to it.Might pick a model up off Duncan.And if he has any MMP paints.👍

I wasn't planning on bringing the paints (they are a right faff to set up and look after at a show) but if you tell me what colours you're thinking about I can bring them. If I have room in the van I'll bring what I have without the rack and you can have a rake through the box.

Duncan B

13 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Looking forward to this show, it was a cracker last year and I know you have increased the size of it this. Just hope the weather is kind crossing the Pennines.

I'm with you on that one, we have snow here but it is clearing now.

Duncan B

Minor panic last night as it started to snow but it all appears to have gone away now. Pennines are looking clear and the forecast still looks ok.

Hoping that tomorrow's show goes as well as the last one.

Hope to meet as many of you guys there as possible.

1 hour ago, depressed lemur said:

Minor panic last night as it started to snow but it all appears to have gone away now. Pennines are looking clear and the forecast still looks ok.

Hoping that tomorrow's show goes as well as the last one.

Hope to meet as many of you guys there as possible.

Thanks for the update. I'll be setting off in about 2 hours time and the weather is looking ok here after freezing fog earlier this morning, hopefully a quiet run down the road (I'll be keeping an eye out for dodgy old duffers in their Freelanders).

Hope to see lots of you BMers at the show.

Duncan B

Hoping to make it to the show this year was all set for the trip last year then my wife broke her leg the day before . So far so good this year 😉😆

Just to let you guys know weather is fine here.No snow bit of rain.I live a few miles away

Edited by Bryan71