Hello from Western New York

Thor70

Hello - my name is Chris, I am a new member. I have been modeling on and off for 40 years. I have a passion for propeller driven aircraft but will occasionally dabble in a jet or two. When I am not building aircraft I am working on my railroad. I have a wide variety of aircraft in my modeling stash. I really wanted to improve my modeling skills. I have always been interested in joining a modeling “club” to help me in modeling as well as communicating with others who share the same passion as I. Unfortunately, I don’t have any local clubs, so I am looking forward in sharing as well as learning new skills and ideas from others.  Thanks again!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 12:48 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Thor ... :welcome: to the Forum from Chicago. Having built model railways in the past, the skillsets are pretty transferable. If i can help just ask. If i dont know the answer i can try and point you in a good direction. 

Dennis

Thank you for the responses. I could use some pointers on using pledge Floor wax on aircraft as a gloss finish prior to decaling. My concern is afterwards once the decals have been sealed, can you spray a flat finish over the Pledge such as Testors flat or even a semi gloss finish? Is there a recommendation on what to use? 

• Like 1

Yes i use Tamiya XF-86 flatcoat i very lightly dust a few coats of that on. This gives me a nice satin finish. I recommend you stir the flat coat of your choosing for a few minutes, and dilute it with the correct thinners. Otherwise you may end up with white flecks/spots. Also dont let the flat/dull coat pool for the same reasons. 

Dennis