Panzer in the east +++Finished +++

Ozzy

2 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Excellent start on the lower hull Ozzy - nothing like rubbish TV for motivating the modelling. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

I thought I'd make a start ready for my tracks turning up next week, my plan is to build paint and weather the hull. Before moving on to the upper bits. Just on the lookout for a tub of acrylic resin to build up the mud.

• Like 2

i forgot to post a picture of my base progress, the twigs have been varnished before painting. Then I dry brushed them with tamyia White, the clay was painted Tamyia brown first before a coat of mig pigments Russian earth then fixed in place with mig pigment fixer.

image.jpg

• Like 5

Look what turned up today, 

image.jpg

here are the tracks, you hook them together then push the hook over to lock them in.

image.jpg

Doesn't take very long,

image.jpg

Both sets of 100 at this stage in less than 30 minutes, no drilling, no wire, just nice metal tracks.

image.jpg

• Like 8

I'm off to look at the 1/48 version next. Thanks for sharing that nugget. Like you I've found that most metal tracks make me lose the will to live.

I like the diorama idea very much. Not done one for years but this is making me think seriously. Very nice work so far and very environmentally friendly.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 11:01 AM, Ozzy said:

I just need to tidy the rest of the bench now. He also brought me a nice Panzer IV book.

Tidy the bench? Why man! It'll give the good lady of the house ideas about cleaning that are best avoided.

What do you think of the book? Some of that series are good others, frankly, aren't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

I'm off to look at the 1/48 version next. Thanks for sharing that nugget. Like you I've found that most metal tracks make me lose the will to live.

I like the diorama idea very much. Not done one for years but this is making me think seriously. Very nice work so far and very environmentally friendly.

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Tidy the bench? Why man! It'll give the good lady of the house ideas about cleaning that are best avoided.

What do you think of the book? Some of that series are good others, frankly, aren't.

The picture on page 2 is of 1/48 scale tracks, I've not had much luck with normal metal tracks. I will definitely have these again, for a nice curve you need to fold forward when fastening them together.

when I say tidy I mean make a little room for building, the book has some nice reference photos. It also has write ups on all the variations that used the Panzer IV hull, the colour line drawings are a nice addition.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Yetifan said:

Those tracks look great 🙂 i wonder if they would work for @Badder on his nashorn.

They may well fit the bill yetifan you get 220 in a pack, I know the hull was a tad longer on the nashorn/ Hummel. That's probably why there are that many?

13 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Now that's my bag, nice and easy, look great,  get em on for a test fit, let's have a gander at em ozzy

There a nice build, definitely right up my street. I will get some pictures tomorrow, as I wasn't expecting the tracks to turn up till the end of the week. So a lagging behind on the running gear, I just need to cut and sand some bits.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hewy said:

Now that's my bag, nice and easy, look great,  get em on for a test fit, let's have a gander at em ozzy

Happy new year to you all, my first post of 2019.

Here they are Glynn in all their glory, there are 92 links on this run. They are a nice fit for Dragon, not sure if they are the right way round.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Cool I see you've removed a few winterketten, they look fine Ozzy, they may be my answer, as I want my tracks to be so loose it looks unserviceable 

Having read in verious threads, that the winterketten diddnt last very long in tact. I took my sprue cutters to some of them, I didn't go to overboard with the snipping.

The video I saw on you tube, the chap used a tamiya and dragon sprocket. I'm sure they would work on a trumperter kit, you may need to file the teeth down. I have plenty of spare track left, there is definitely scope to have them looking unserviceable.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Happy New Year Ozzy and good work on the tracks - they do look good.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

happy new year to you and Mrs Stix, I'm very pleased with the tracks definitely get another set in the future.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, Yetifan said:

Those tracks look great 🙂 i wonder if they would work for @Badder on his nashorn.

Hi Yetifan and @Ozzy I did watch the Easy Metal Links video a few days ago, and they did look to be most excellent.

Ozzy has just proved that to be the case.

They may well be perfect for my Nashorn, but I've gone for a set of Friul;s Winterketten instead.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Hi Yetifan and @Ozzy I did watch the Easy Metal Links video a few days ago, and they did look to be most excellent.

Ozzy has just proved that to be the case.

They may well be perfect for my Nashorn, but I've gone for a set of Friul;s Winterketten instead.

Rearguards,

Badder

I will be intrested to see how you tackle them, as I didn't have much luck with my Sherman tracks.

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Great stuff Clive.

I feel a masterpiece coming on.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

im hoping it will turn out ok.

2 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

How cool are those Friuls, they really are a great addition ...:popcorn:

Cheers Ozzy :santa:

Happy new year Francis,

thanks im really pleased with the way they have turned out, I've since weathered them.

• Haha 1

Spent the weekend doing a bit of weathering and finishing off painting the dismounts, I used ploy filler for the snow then glossed over the top to give an ice effect. I also built a bit more of my tank, trying to make her look like a G model rather than a H.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4