Panzer in the east +++Finished +++

Ozzy

53 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. The base looks like it should be an excellent way to display your Pz.IV! Looking forward to seeing more.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

ive got some air drying clay to put down for the ground work, I've finished off the fence this afternoon. Hopefully it won't sprout buds in the spring, I'm seeing all these Panzer IV's being built I need to stay strong and finish the base first.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Ozzy. Looks like you've made good progress again.

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Hopefully it won't sprout buds in the spring,

Could make it interesting!

And I know what you mean about seeing all these other Pz.IVs being built - even though I'm making one, I keep seeing others and thinking........oh it would be cool to be making that!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Looks like you've made good progress again.

Could make it interesting!

And I know what you mean about seeing all these other Pz.IVs being built - even though I'm making one, I keep seeing others and thinking........oh it would be cool to be making that!

Kind regards,

Stix

Buds would definitely be interesting,

there are a few kits, that I will be looking out for in the future.

46 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Snakes, creeping about, laying traps, ready to amush our brave brave men, 

Looking great Ozzy 

Thanks Glynn,

I'm trying to capture the outskirts of Kharkov just before the 3rd battle, not much room on the board for anyone else.

this is what my dioarama will look like.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Sorry Ozzy brave brave allies😛, still like it, although I'm leaning towards the Jerry's side a tiny bit😝

If I'd thought a bit more about the compasition I could have got some Russian troops hiding around a corner.

• Thanks 1

i thought while the turkey was cooking, I'd have a go at the ground work. The local shop had run out of gray, the only choice was terracotta it made an intresting Color in the basin when I washed up. I covered the base with PVA glue to stick it down and hopefully reduce any shrinking.

image.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

Nice addition Ozzy, I've just got back from model shopping too, I picked up some Germans for the shlepper, 

Thanks Glynn,

i find figures bring bring things to life, I’m not fantastic at figure painting. They are passable, I think.

20 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Good your tank riders have arrived and the base is looking good with the groundwork shaping up nicely! :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

just need to let it dry, yeah it was a nice surprise my figures turning up today.

Merry Christmas to you both, 🎅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SA80A2AR said:

looking good

merry Christmas mate

Thanks SA80A2AR,

the base is progressing nicely, I'm itching to start the tank.

Merry 🎅 Christmas 

• Like 1

Wishing you you all a merry Christmas, with my festive Sherman.

image.jpg

Santa brought me some paint organisers, I just need to tidy the rest of the bench now. He also brought me a nice Panzer IV book.

image.jpg

• Like 3

ive just ordered a set of these, having watched a video on u-tube. They look a lot simpler than most sets of metal tracks, they clip together with an edge to fold over and keep them in place.

image.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

ive just ordered a set of these, having watched a video on u-tube. They look a lot simpler than most sets of metal tracks, they clip together with an edge to fold over and keep them in place.

image.jpg

What a great idea, i’ve been put off by the faff of building metal tracks but these look super easy. Be interested to see how you get on with them 🙂

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Yetifan said:

What a great idea, i’ve been put off by the faff of building metal tracks but these look super easy. Be interested to see how you get on with them 🙂

I will keep you posted, they should be here next week. I've not had much luck with other metal tracks, I've spent more on drill bits than I have on the tracks.

• Like 1

I know I said I wouldn't start until I had finished the base, but my wife was watching some rubbish on TV. So I started on the hull, no real problems it builds as you would expect from Dragon. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/28/2018 at 5:15 PM, Ozzy said:

I will keep you posted, they should be here next week. I've not had much luck with other metal tracks, I've spent more on drill bits than I have on the tracks.

Errrrr.... Clive, those tracks are 1/48th.

I assume you've ordered the 1/35th ones? Or are you going to put the 1/48th ones on and photograph them using false perspective? 😆

Good to see the Panzer coming along.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Badder said:

Errrrr.... Clive, those tracks are 1/48th.

I assume you've ordered the 1/35th ones? Or are you going to put the 1/48th ones on and photograph them using false perspective? 😆

Good to see the Panzer coming along.

Rearguards

Badder

Thanks Badder,

i got got them in 1/35, this was just a picture of them. I should have picked the right photo to post. :rage:That would have been a little bit intresting trying to get them to fit.

• Haha 1