Panzer in the east +++Finished +++

Ozzy

I've been looking forward to this build, here's my kit I've got some figures to go with her From Tamyia and Dragon. Not sure how I'm going to display her, I will keep you posted.

image.jpg

• Like 10

20 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That looks like a box that's very full of plastic! I'm looking forward to following your build Ozzy. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

It’s definitely a full box Stix, I’m thinking a winterie scene for the display.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It’s definitely a full box Stix, I’m thinking a winterie scene for the display.

Excellent! German armour tends to look rather good in winter camo.

Kind regards, 

Stix 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Excellent! German armour tends to look rather good in winter camo.

Kind regards, 

Stix 

Definitely, maybe a little worn.

• Like 2

Like a wally I left my tank at work, I will be starting with some figures this weekend.

image.jpg

ive been wanting to build this set for a while, looking forward to getting them together.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Like a wally I left my tank at work, I will be starting with some figures this weekend.

DOH!!!  We've all been there :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Like a wally I left my tank at work

What were you thinking?! How could you forget this GB was on this weekend?...............

I am assuming you mean your tank kit and not one you drive to work in? :hmmm:...........now that would be forgetfulness!

Looking forward to seeing the figures going together.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BIG X said:

DOH!!!  We've all been there :doh:

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

What were you thinking?! How could you forget this GB was on this weekend?...............

I am assuming you mean your tank kit and not one you drive to work in? :hmmm:...........now that would be forgetfulness!

Looking forward to seeing the figures going together.

Kind regards,

Stix

Guys I know, 

i got 4 miles home then realised I'd forgotten my box full of goodies, that will teach me to get things dilivered to work.

Stix you'll be glad to know it was a 1/35 scale tank not a 1/1 scale tank, I'm not sure what the neighbours  would say with it on the drive. The figures are looking good, I'll post some pictures later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got my figures built over the weekend I've also got a base 24x24cm, I've got an idea for a dio which envols a log hut and a fence. I've got the Dragon set of tank riders and also another dragon set, I've got to change my mark of thank to a G not a H. Fortunately all the bits I need are in the box, it also means I can try the miniart track links.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Great to hear you've been busy. I always like to get things like figures, stowage items, extras, etc done earlier than the actual tank is finished otherwise I find I'm less interested in them. My favourite bit is building the actual tank.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Great to hear you've been busy. I always like to get things like figures, stowage items, extras, etc done earlier than the actual tank is finished otherwise I find I'm less interested in them. My favourite bit is building the actual tank.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

I'm going to try something different on this build, I tend to spend far to much time on the tank build and no long enough on the base. So I'm going to concentrate on the base build before Christmas, I just need a dry day to go foraging for twigs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ozzy said:

, I just need a dry day to go foraging for twigs. 

Or you could put a raincoat on, Clive!

The figures look good. I suspect you'll be making tank riders too? Great to see you're going to do a base. Following with interest.

Reaguards

Badder

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BIG X said:

You can't beat a bit of foraging - good luck with the dio - Steve

Thanks Steve,

I’ve got a wooded byway just up the road, i should be able to find what in looking for.

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Or you could put a raincoat on, Clive!

The figures look good. I suspect you'll be making tank riders too? Great to see you're going to do a base. Following with interest.

Reaguards

Badder

I could get my raincoat on but when I’m not at work, I tend to dodge the rain. I’ve got the tank riders on order and should be here soon, having looked at a number of reference photos. The buildings are log cabins with twig fences, I should be able to find the on my travels. With a bit of mud and snow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

I'm yet to do a dio....as I have no where to put them after that will keep them dust free. Looking forward to seeing you get this one done Ozzy..........

Good luck.....:yes:

Simon.

Go on give one a go Simon, I tend to go for shelf size Dios. My local model shop sells MDF bases 24x24 a nice size for a tank and some figures. The dust is a problem, I just dust them off with my airbrush.

• Like 2

Got a bit creative this afternoon, started putting the base together. I brought some dowel from the model shop in town, while I was walking back I found some twigs for the fencing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

For the roof I had a pack of this leftover from another project, I'm going to lay them on cardboard to make the roof.

image.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Looks like a productive forage, good  start on the dio ozzy

Thanks Glynn,

yeah a productive day all round, I just need a couple more twigs. Then I can stick the fence together.

7 minutes ago, Badder said:

Hi Clive.

Looking at that bag of 'thatch' I can't help thinking there's a horse trotting around with only half a tail!

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

you could have a cottage industry on your hands, unfortunately this stuff is like you get on a brush head.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Very good idea about the figures, I would love to add some to my model, but better "I abstain" ... lol :popcorn:

Cheers Ozzy :santa:

Thanks Francis,

ive been wanting to build these figures for a while, just neede the right project. With your modelling skill, I’m sure you could make a good job of them.

Merry Christmas  🎅

• Like 1