Panzer in the east +++Finished +++

Ozzy

21 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy.  Excellent work on your base. Your groundwork looks very convincing! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

a little more mud and we will be there, I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hewy said:

Cracking little scene, gathering pace now ozzy

Thanks Glynn,

it's coming along nicely, I will build up the mud on the track next week. I've been looking for some acrylic resin to mix with some pigments, I've not been able to find any so will use gloss varnish insted.

• Like 1

Ive spent the day making mud, using pigments, plaster of Paris and acrylic resin. Mixed it all up and bashed it on, having see photos of the big snow thor. The ground becomes a quagmire as the ground softens mixed with all that water, hopefully I've replicated the look ok?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Mud glorious mud, I like it Ozzy,  it's certainly setting the scene

Thanks Glynn,

ive got the effect I was looking for, I've got mud dripping off the tracks and also muded up the tracks to look like the tank is skating along.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Ozzy.

That looks like it would pull you under if you stepped in it! Great job :like:

Regards,

Steve

That’s the effect I’m after Steve, I saw a picture on the net with a chap with his boot off as it was stuck in the mud. Funny if you out on a family walk, i bet he was fredders especially if he’s got a distance to walk.

• Like 1

had an afternoon pottering, so I thought I would get on with the tank riders. Below is the scene pretty much as it will be once it's all finished, having looked at the make up of a German section. I swapped out the chap with the MG42, and he is now just a rifleman.

image.jpg

• Like 7

21 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Your scene is coming together nicely Ozzy and the mud looks great! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

im pleased with the way it's all turning out,  the hull is now stuck down to the groundwork. It will have to give your modular building a go.

• Like 2

Hi Ozzy,

So sorry I've missed this build thread - I don't know why as I even went looking for yours a while ago!!

The scene looks like it's going to be superb as if the build to date.

I'm now along for the ride :smile:

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Ozzy,

So sorry I've missed this build thread - I don't know why as I even went looking for yours a while ago!!

The scene looks like it's going to be superb as if the build to date.

I'm now along for the ride :smile:

Cheers

Nigel

No worries Nigel and thanks,

there are a lot of fantastic threads out there, I’ve been struggling to keep up.

im really happy with the scene so far, I just keep forgetting super glue for the rifle slings of the troops. I will hopefully get a bit more done over the weekend.

• Like 2

Very nice work on the figures, I have the same set (Tamiya) to add some interest to my Panzer build, I hope they turn out as war weary a bunch as yours.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MarkSH said:

Very nice work on the figures, I have the same set (Tamiya) to add some interest to my Panzer build, I hope they turn out as war weary a bunch as yours.

Thanks Mark,

the figures go together really well I think I only used filler on one, that was just along a seam of a gray coat. I tend to build my figure in a production line, once the uniform colour is on then I paint all bread bags, faces, weapons etc. This allows me to finish them altogether and reduce my brush washing. I've weathered them using mig pigment Russian earth, mixed with gloss on the bottom to look wet and then without all over to just look like they have been out for a while.

• Like 2

The mud seems very real, close to that seen in photos and documents of the time, the only thing, that these magnificent tracks are not seen ... but, perhaps for the next kit ... lol.
The scene looks very good already...:popcorn:

Cheers mate 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, exdraken said:

Looking very good! Like your detail a lot!

thanks Werner,

i like to get everything as lifelike as I can, I need to source a better camera to show the detail a little better.

8 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

The mud seems very real, close to that seen in photos and documents of the time, the only thing, that these magnificent tracks are not seen ... but, perhaps for the next kit ... lol.
The scene looks very good already...:popcorn:

Cheers mate 👍

Thanks Francis,

i wanted the mud to look as real as possible with it dripping off the tracks, there is a bit of detail on the tracks unfortunately my I pad camera didn't pick it up.

image.jpg

ive made a start on up armouring the front, I found some AFV club T-34 tracks in the model shop in town. I had seen a picture with a Panzer IV with some on, I thought I would have a go at recreating frontal armour on mine.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. I do like the idea of all the tracks to up the armour! Really going to look the business!! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

i saw a picture with them on a tank and thought it would add a little interest, there are a few more to add to the hull and turret.

• Like 2

On 21/01/2019 at 19:34, Hewy said:

You've painted up those sneaky Germans very well Ozzy, the scene is looking good, I like the track idea too

Thanks Glynn,

i do enjoy my figure painting, I’ve seen a number of pictures with them on and I had spotted a box in the shop in town a while ago.

20 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

That pile of "extra tracks", will give a very "busy" touch to the vehicle ...:popcorn:

Cheers mate 👍

Thanks Francis,

im going to white was over them then scrub back to revel the dark iron.

• Like 2

Got a fair bit done this weekend, I found this picture of a Das Reich tank from Kharkov Spring 1943. So I set to work having a go at recreating said Panzer IV, I found some numbers which didn't have a 6 in. So my tank is 522 rather than 622, I gave the tank riders a lick of paint also. I used the hairspray method for the whitewash.

image.gif

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 7

:partytime:

Loving the whitewash Clive. Really super result with the hairspray. Did you use Disharmony for Men, or TreSomme?

Any chance of some close-ups, especially of the glacis and the figures?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1