Panzer in the east +++Finished +++

Ozzy

7 hours ago, Badder said:

:partytime:

Loving the whitewash Clive. Really super result with the hairspray. Did you use Disharmony for Men, or TreSomme?

Any chance of some close-ups, especially of the glacis and the figures?

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

I've got a tin of l'Oreal hairspray I've had for a few years now, I will get some close up pictures over the weekend. As I need to add slings and weather the tank riders.

14 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Looking good Ozzy 👍

I love how you have went all out on the winter finish and the mud. You've put loads of extra work into this one. 

Cheers Greg 

Thanks Greg,

i had had seen a few photos of the mud during the spring, I thought it would be good to try and recreate.

8 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Nice composition, it is very good ...:popcorn:

Cheers Ozzy 👍

Thanks Francis,

it all fits nicely on a 24x24cm base and doesn't look to crowded.

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Very impressive work on the painting and whitewash! It all looks very authentic! :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

ive got a bit more weathering to add to tone down the Whitewash.

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

That looks smashing Ozzy, especially the front with the extra track armour, good job

Thanks Glynn,

i do like how  the T-34 tracks have turned out, they look good under a coat of whitewash.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Ozzy, The winter weathering and the setting really match very well. Looking superb!! :clap:

Thanks Nigel,

ive definitely been studying all eastern front pictures I can find, to try to get the look just right.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Ozzy,

What a fantastic build!!

Looks great and holds its own in the snow :clap:

Thanks Nigel,

i couldn’t resist getting some pictures in the snow.

39 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Well done Ozzy,

A superb Pz IV and a well executed diorama.

Top notch 👍👍

Cheers Greg 🍺

Thanks Greg,

its been good having you along for the ride.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy! Wow. Very impressive result! Your Pz.IV looks like the real thing! - a real tribute to your painting and weathering! And the scene sets it off beautifully - there's so much going on! A really atmospheric model. Very well done! :clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy! Wow. Very impressive result! Your Pz.IV looks like the real thing! - a real tribute to your painting and weathering! And the scene sets it off beautifully - there's so much going on! A really atmospheric model. Very well done! :clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank Stix,

your support has been much appreciated, I’m really pleased how the weathering turned out to tone the whitewash.

1 hour ago, Churchill said:

Really impressive, looks just right in that winter sunlight. 👏 

Thanks Churchill,

i was was going to take some more as the sun came round, then I turned up the brightness . To see they were exactly what I was looking for, definitely worthwhile going outside today.

• Like 1

Superb job Clive,

A very realistic Pz IV, great use of the figures, fantastic mud/snow and an amazing job getting all that to fit on a relatively small base, yet packed with great photo-angles.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Yetifan said:

Your build has come out brilliantly 🙂 the outdoor photos in the snow make it look super realistic.

Thanks Yetifan,

I'm really pleased how the photos turned out, very atmospheric. Now I've got to find some space for all those Zimmermit covered pannels.

21 hours ago, Badder said:

Superb job Clive,

A very realistic Pz IV, great use of the figures, fantastic mud/snow and an amazing job getting all that to fit on a relatively small base, yet packed with great photo-angles.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

there a nice size base, there are 10 figures and there is still space. I had a very watered down Russian earth pigment and water mix to tone the Whitewash down, it worked really well.

21 hours ago, Plasto said:

Looks good....

Thanks Plasto,

i wish I had the space to build more than one.

7 minutes ago, mahavelona said:

What an impressive build! The tank alone is a fantastic effort, but your diorama has a great deal of life to it, which is difficult to achieve. 

Thanks mahavelona,

I watch far to many documentaries, I see various clips and try and fit them together in whatever I'm building at the time. I do like building German subjects as there are plenty of options available.

On 06/02/2019 at 21:39, modelling minion said:

What a fantastic result Ozzy!

Great job on your Panzer and the diorama is just superb.

Very well done indeed.

Thanks Craig,

It was a really enjoyable build.

On 07/02/2019 at 06:34, Hewy said:

Those camera angles really capture the sneakiness of those Germans, great job on the tank and diorama Ozzy, smashing scene

Thanks Glynn,

as as I was turning the base around, I thought they would give more atmospheric pictures through the gaps.

• Like 1