Another Meteor - 1/72 U.16

My eighth Meteor build since I restarted modelling in January is a conversion: the MPM F.8 combined with the Alley Cat resin conversion for a U.16 or U.21.

This has been my first resin conversion and  was most impressed with the quality of Alley Cat's product.  When it came to the decals, they were superb, very detailed, thin but not fragile and adhered well.

This is a comparatively simple conversion, requiring replacement of the nose and wingtips, neither a 'biggie'.  I went for a model of WK800, now in the Old Sarum collection and famously long-lived as the last U.16 to fly.  I could';t resist adding the lumps and bumps applied to the airframe in 1988 for the Radar Vector Miss Distance Indicator Trials.  I think the domes are slightly overscale but I wasn't going to argue.

The paint job was pretty straightforward except for the demarcation between the two colours ahead of the cockpit.  I think the yellow goes too low and the shape of the taper there won't clinch me the IPMS Nationals.  One thing I have omitted (yet) are a set of metal tubes to form the jet pipes.

Here we go:

32355733718_a354db3228_b.jpg

32355727078_2f5795efe1_b.jpg

46228047961_fbe15e35f6_b.jpg

44411043600_6b625c7373_b.jpg

46177577032_959995e342_b.jpg

Kind regards,

Neil

• Like 20

50 minutes ago, BritJet said:

Looks good, well done. I did exactly the same conversion, except for the Miss Distance Indicators,  a couple of years ago, as well as the U15 and U21.

Steve

Oof! That is one hell of a lot of Meteors!!!! You did a great job with the demarcation between yellow and red - a real swine to do!