PlaStix's Brush Painted 2018

PlaStix

On 25/12/2018 at 19:34, Navy Bird said:

Superb workmanship, Stix, and great output too. When I grow up, I want to be like you guys who can build more than four models a year.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Bill. Thank you very much for your most kind comments! And it's not the quantity that matters...........yours all have the quality! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 26/12/2018 at 06:33, stevehnz said:

A lovely line up Stix, memorable indeed, your paint work never fails to amaze & impress.

Steve.

Hi Steve. Thank you, as always, for your very kind comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 26/12/2018 at 12:04, AndyRM101 said:

Fantastic collection Stix. I'm always awed by your brush painting skills.

Andy:cat:

Hi Andy. Thank you very much for you very kind comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 28/12/2018 at 21:05, Clogged said:

Just come across this topic and loved looking at the brilliant models and dioramas.

My favourite diorama has to be the "Report back...... not bring it back"

And my favourite photo is the dramatic / imposing  Tamiya's 1/48 Razorback P-47D.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Hi Clogged. Thank you very much for your very kind comments. That dio and the P-47D were two of my favourite builds from last year.

Kind regards, 

Stix 

On 30/12/2018 at 18:54, woody37 said:

Just love how you use a brush and weathering techniques on those tanks :)

HI Woody and thank you very much for your very kind comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 31/12/2018 at 13:23, nimrod54 said:

I have said it before and will no doubt say it again, I am amazed by the quality of your brushwork, Stix. They are better finished than my feeble efforts with an airbrush, and by adopting the 'Stix School' method of brush painting, you have persuaded me to try and return to painting some of the smaller models that I make with an old hairy-stick.

All of them are fabulous looking models and it has been a pleasure to watch your progress on those that I have managed to follow.

More of the same in 2019 please.

Hi John. Thank you, as always, for your very kind comments. Sometimes you are way too kind but thank you all the same. I think I am very lucky to have found techniques that work for me that I can make use of on all my builds. The thing that lets me down sometimes is the quality of some of the newer paints. Some Humbrol ones especially have been very oily and quite difficult to brush evenly. Probably new and improved!!!

Kind regards,

Stix

On 02/01/2019 at 03:21, Gav G said:

That's some serious modelling right there. I can remember the WIPs for the Sherman and Whippet but I must have missed the few others. I love the fat US type planes so those two will definitely be on my reading list for later

Amazing stuff.

Hi Gav and thank you very much for your very kind comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 02/01/2019 at 15:21, AdrianMF said:

Nice to see the brush painter's art shining through! Although one shouldn't have favourites (wait - that's for children), I particularly liked the Thunderbolt, Whippet and Renault.

Regards,

Adrian

Hi Adrian. Thank you, as always, for your very kind comments. It's interesting you mention those because there's a fair chance they wouldn't have been built if it wasn't for the fact we have GBs. I think GBs are great because they encourage me to build stuff I might not get around to otherwise.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 05/01/2019 at 08:54, GREG DESTEC said:

A fine collection Stix,

I always enjoy your builds, particularly the display aspect. Your additional work on the dio  or bases for aircraft always set off the excellent models to their best advantage.

I look forward to more in 2019,

Cheers Greg 👍👍

Hi Greg. Thank you very much, as always for your most kind comments. I have to admit I do like making the bases. Many years ago, back in the 80s/90s I used to make model railways for exhibitions so it's a bit of a reminder of the old days!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2019 at 20:50, clive_t said:

Beautiful, inspiring work as usual Stix! 

Hi Clive and thank you very much for your very kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 08/01/2019 at 12:44, FrancisGL said:

An amazing set of works !, that level, and with a brush if that was not enough.
The Sherman and especially the "Razorback" (one of my favorite planes of all time), is a small work of art, as I would have one of these (or two or three ... lol) in my collection .. .:envy: ...:D

Cheers Stix 👍

Hi Francis. Thank you as always for your very kind comments - you are too kind! :thumbsup:

Kind regards, 

Stix

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Embarrassed to say that I only just stumbled across this thread but felt compelled to add my praise and enjoyment of your work. Being a brush painter as well I find your builds inspirational and something to strive for with my own modelling.

Thanks!

Tim

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/02/2019 at 20:33, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Stix,

Such a wonderful, stunning set of builds :wow:

Looking forward to watching more in 2019        :smile:

Cheers

Nigel

Hi Nigel. I was just catching up with some old threads. Thank you very much for your very kind comments from two years ago!!

On 24/03/2019 at 00:51, Mohawk said:

Got pointed to this by ArnoldAmbrose,wonderful work indeed.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

mohawk

Hi Mohawk and thank you very much!! 

On 02/04/2019 at 14:00, Smithy said:

Embarrassed to say that I only just stumbled across this thread but felt compelled to add my praise and enjoyment of your work. Being a brush painter as well I find your builds inspirational and something to strive for with my own modelling.

Thanks!

Tim

Hi Tim. I am equally embarrassed to say I'm only just catching up with your very kind comments.....two years ago!! Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2