Another Special Hobby Vildebeest

My latest project is this Special Hobby Vildebeest. I was initially drawn to the model by the excellent box art on the new release but after researching the somewhat controversial thoughts on the camouflage scheme (ie, whether it should be Brown and Green or Blue and Green and black underneath or sky etc, etc) I opted for a basic silver and grey one.

Built pretty much straight from the box except for the modified rear gunners compartment to replace the (again, apparently?) incorrect scarf ring arrangement with the Fairey High Speed version.

Too late now as I'm not changing it back!

The rigging is rolled wire and the aerials on the top wing are Uschi thread. Although its a nice kit to build I found I had to shorten the cabane struts a little and I was disappointed to find the wheels

and spats as one piece..(or rather two but with the wheels moulded on to them) There's also a very nasty sink mark on the tail wheel assembly. Also when I can get my steady hand back I'll edge the red on the spats with black.....

Thanks for looking.

44414829820_520ab4251c_b.jpgIMG_0103

31293084977_338f8b2448_b.jpgIMG_0105

44414848760_468612de23_b.jpgIMG_0101

31293063407_b6169ca45a_b.jpgIMG_0102

46181236072_0feb24c428_b.jpgIMG_0104

• Like 28

3 hours ago, tonyot said:

Another very nice Vildebeest,........ the rigging is a great touch too. I must get on and start one myself,

Cheers

Tony

Me too, these recent builds are wetting my appetite!

Another lovely one. you don't see these too often but the kit looks rather nice

• Like 1