1/72 BTD-1 Destroyer, Planet Models

Fuad

Great job on the build! The weathering is exceptional. Are the national insignia decals or painted on? Also, how was the fit of the kit?  I like building those esoteric planes and your Destroyer has piqued my interest in this model.

Cheers,

Mark

8 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

Great job on the build! The weathering is exceptional. Are the national insignia decals or painted on? Also, how was the fit of the kit?  I like building those esoteric planes and your Destroyer has piqued my interest in this model.

Cheers,

Mark

I used decals, but in the process, I painted them with filters and weathering. The set is quite good, but although it has some problems with small details. Some parts are very rough, and some parts simply is absent. The pitot tube and cannons are made by me. The front landing gear is also redone.

9 hours ago, Yorkshire man said:

Think something wrong with kits under carrige leg length (image for discussion purposes) ......800px-Douglas_BTD-1_Destroyer_left_side.

47689566_2018543874891676_11564196266204

In front of me was a dilemma - leave the rear chassis similar or alter them. Your photo was the last straw in favor of reworking the rear chassis. I made them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1