Assistance with 1/72 scale Warrior build

spoondog13

Assistance with 1/72 scale Warrior build

Hi, I plan to build a 1/72 scale Warrior in Basra, I think the colour is Middle stone? any paint suggestions paint numbers for this vehicle.

Also does anyone know any good modelling sights for information on the British Army Warrior?

Cheers & Thanks in advance

Rodney

For the colour, White ensign Models did a gulf war light stone, or Tamiya TS-10 are both good matches, a close match that can be adjusted is Tamiya Desrt yellow, I forget the XF number, the latter is acrylic, with the other two being enamels.

hope this helps.

I heard it said in a talk by a multi-published authority on the subject of UK colours and markings, who I won't embarrass by naming in case I misunderstood (and he isn't on this forum to comment anyway), that the Gulf War Light Stone was exactly the same colour as the WW2 Light Stone.

Aftermarket is hard to come by these days, schatton do a turned barrel ( wrongly listed as 35mm) Eduard and Extratech made PE sets that don't seem to be in production anymore with the Eduard being the better, CMSC are no longer in business and OKB no longer do the bar armour. Black dog do make a stowage set for the warrior and Cromwell makes two conversions into the MRRV and MRV

Light Stone is one of the wartime colours (like Sky, Dark Green ans Medium Sea Grey) that found its way into the post war BS381C. Xtracyrlix and Xtracolour also do it. Same colour as used on RAF transports in the late 60's and early 70's.

Hi,

Thank you all for the information it is a big help!

I am try to source CSMC & PDI bits and piece (interior and such)I know they are OOP.Not had much luck with any 1/72 scale after market does anyone know a retailer?

Really would like the Rarden barrel.

Cheers and thanks again, "model on"!  

Tracks & troops is a source for the barrel from  ( still wrongly titled as 35mm), Hauler seem to have taken over the Extratech range of PE, wouldn't worry about CMSC as both Revell and Trumpeter do the up armoured versions better, other than that, they might pop up on eBay from time to time.

On 11/12/2018 at 07:29, Old pro said:

Aftermarket is hard to come by these days, schatton do a turned barrel ( wrongly listed as 35mm) Eduard and Extratech made PE sets that don't seem to be in production anymore with the Eduard being the better, CMSC are no longer in business and OKB no longer do the bar armour. Black dog do make a stowage set for the warrior and Cromwell makes two conversions into the MRRV and MRV

I do hope Eduard will re-release their 1/72 sets for armor... I do hope... I thought the extratech set are re-released by Hauler, but the set for the Warrior isn't included. Ebay or the like may be of help....