1:48 P-38 Droop Snoot decals

mike romeo

Hi,

Having just obtained an Academy droop snoot, I'm not too impressed with the rather boring exanple portrayed by the kit decals. However, a cursory google and inspection of the Hannants website has not turned up any AM decals for the droop snoot in 1:48.  

I'm looking for a generic USAAF machine with invasion stripes; not fussed whether its nmf or OD/NG.  Anyone know if there is anything along these lines available?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Martin

If you're looking for "generic", why not do it the old-school way: find your simply marked subject, and then cobble together whatever numbers, etc you need for it from wherever you can find them.  One other thought- the Monogram P-38 could be built as a Droop Snoot, and the kit's been out for MANY years.  One generation or other of those kit decals should give you a possibility.  (I'm afraid mine are in "deep storage".)

• Like 1

"Hellza Droppin", serial number 423614 / radio code A6 has markings that could be relatively easily masked. It was one of the decal options of Revell's 1/32 Droopsnoot. It has markings that look like invasion stripes, but aren't. There's a build of it here: http://www.der-lustige-modellbauer.com/t4616p100-jorg-s-flugzeug-hangar

I found a scan of those decals a while ago - if you're interested I can send you that scan and you could use that to make your own masks?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, elger said:

"Hellza Droppin", serial number 423614 / radio code A6 has markings that could be relatively easily masked. It was one of the decal options of Revell's 1/32 Droopsnoot. It has markings that look like invasion stripes, but aren't. There's a build of it here: http://www.der-lustige-modellbauer.com/t4616p100-jorg-s-flugzeug-hangar

I found a scan of those decals a while ago - if you're interested I can send you that scan and you could use that to make your own masks?

That's a very handsome P-38, Elger.  I would indeed like the scans, thanks.  I'll send you a pm with my contact details.

Regards

Martin

9 hours ago, elger said:

Hi

Nice...

They almost look like operation starkey markings

cheers

jerry 

On 12/9/2018 at 5:07 PM, mike romeo said:

That's a very handsome P-38, Elger.  I would indeed like the scans, thanks.  I'll send you a pm with my contact details.

Regards

Martin

no problem! just drop me a line

4 hours ago, fernandocouto said:

I read some P-38 Droop snoots attached extra bomb racks. Also standard fighter version accepted this conversion. The racks "borrow" from other planes ? Or just  field work.

Here you go Fernando.

heLcMKH.png

Dennis

PS - I have a small collection of Droop snoot photo’s. Some including interior of the Bombardiers position. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1